Re: Ticket Priority - Just an Idea

newgroundrodney wrote:
Newportonian wrote:If there’s one thing that this cup run should have taught us is that we have to have some sort of points based system in place for next season.
... **** HALLELUIJA!!!!**** someone agrees with me!
I think hell of a lot agree with you especially some now missing out to auntie dot who's never been to a game before and my rugby nut barber who actually hates football

daftasfxxx wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Newportonian wrote:If there’s one thing that this cup run should have taught us is that we have to have some sort of points based system in place for next season.
... **** HALLELUIJA!!!!**** someone agrees with me!
I think hell of a lot agree with you especially some now missing out to auntie dot who's never been to a game before and my rugby nut barber who actually hates football
Hallelujah- this new system doesn't cost too much real money (anybody know the cost? or is it you just don't care as long as we have one) and hallelujah the WRU are going to allow their robust ticketing system to be worked on /developed to suit one of their tenants.

Whilst were at it let's build a 20000 stadium because we could have filled our current rented ground twice over for Man City then everyone who wanted a ticket could get one and nobody would be sad or dissappointed.

I think hell of a lot agree with you especially some now missing out to auntie dot who's never been to a game before and my rugby nut barber who actually hates football[/quote]
Don't we as a football club want people who have never, or rarely, have been to a County match, to come along to these high profile games? Hopefully to continue going, even if it's for local derbies/high profile teams/start of or end of season games.

Beechwood Boy wrote:I think hell of a lot agree with you especially some now missing out to auntie dot who's never been to a game before and my rugby nut barber who actually hates football
Don't we as a football club want people who have never, or rarely, have been to a County match, to come along to these high profile games? Hopefully to continue going, even if it's for local derbies/high profile teams/start of or end of season games.[/quote]

They are.

excessbee wrote:
mad norm wrote:I think I can pragmatically sum up the priority system.
If you have lots of money to invest in Newport County,whether by attendance,trust membership etc your chances are more so enhanced than those who havent
Only correct if you classify £60 per year (paid monthly) as 'lots of money'.
Just a post to put things in perspective a bit
I do a modest standing order each year.
When I retired the lump sum "lasts forever" ..Well it helped me enjoy many a trip to Newport and with no regrets. Now I have to live to my means.Nevertheless I still remain a staunch supporter.
Always get a buzz when I get a text from various acquaintances commenting on our cup exploits,especially when many were not too bothered until I explained my enthusiasm
Which all goes to prove something... I'm not sure what,but I feel better now :mrgreen:

Beechwood Boy wrote: Don't we as a football club want people who have never, or rarely, have been to a County match, to come along to these high profile games? Hopefully to continue going, even if it's for local derbies/high profile teams/start of or end of season games.

Of course we do, but not at the expense of fans who go to most home games, with an average crowd of around 3,000 and a capacity of 9,000 then surely we can have both.

Ugo. wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote: Don't we as a football club want people who have never, or rarely, have been to a County match, to come along to these high profile games? Hopefully to continue going, even if it's for local derbies/high profile teams/start of or end of season games.

Of course we do, but not at the expense of fans who go to most home games, with an average crowd of around 3,000 and a capacity of 9,000 then surely we can have both.
Demand has obviously outstripped supply and we can't have both unless, as someone posted, we have a stadium that can hold 20,000.

Collars wrote:It seems some with Boro tickets might still not get a ticket. So here’s my idea for next year...

Once the league fixtures are published the club announce a set number of priority games (let’s say 4) - one each month. In the event of cup games you have the usual priority for season tickets, trust etc but then you have a priority window for those that attended all 4 priority games, then 3, then 2...

Hopefully some extra gate income for the club even if we don’t get through in the cups, spread out for people’s income and rewards those who attended the most games.

Simples :cheers:
Just another idea join the trust at the lowest level five pounds a month one pound twenty five per week eighteen pence per day priority tickets helping the club become sustainable what’s not to like about that.and please don’t say it’s unaffordable.

Again in an attempt to put this in perspective - yes there will be people/stories of not being able to get a ticket - fingers will be pointed and they are at our Board's policy, at 'greedy'season ticket holders and many more combinations are blamed.

For me it is a case of the tail wagging the dog.

There is no entitlement here.

The club is a business and currently is not 'sustainable' ( without 'extraordinary' monies). It is a fans owned/Trust club and needs the Trust membership numbers to grow substantially for both revenue and engagement.

People will have priorities in their life and align their resources accordingly - so if you go to the cinema regularly you might buy a monthly pass - I don't - others may do so - you pays your money...

If 'fans'/others can't join the Trust then by and large, getting a ticket must be down in their priorities list (in general).

# youknowwhatyougottodooratleastyoudonow!!!
Last edited by Fourthousand on February 10th, 2019, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Think there may need to be a rethink for next season, if the need arises. Perhaps split the season ticket day(s) from trust members and maybe trust silver and above from bronze.
1. Season tickets
2. Silver and above Trust members
3. Bronze trust members
4. General sale.

Maybe with overlap of selling days:
1 and 2
1 and 2
2 and 3