Re: Queue right now

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:https://www.onlineticketexpress.com/checkout-login
29 tickets for sale for £138 each, anyone know how this happens
Touts make money when demand outstrips supply. Unlike the 'official sell out' for Middlesbrough and Leicester, the Manchester City game is really sold out.

I fully expect lots of flack but it doesn't alter the fact that I once again have been proved right.
Going to be a fabulous night - another 'sell out' for Newport County, an even 'bigger' sell out than the last two 'sell outs'. Great, great times.

rncfc wrote:
Marky wrote:No-one seems to be owning up though, very strange how no-one would admit to depriving loyal County fans of tickets in order to impress their mates.
Surely if they're that loyal they'd have seen this coming?

Not being funny, they could have signed up to the trust last week and cancelled the direct debit after one month. People seem so reluctant to help themselves and then go looking for sympathy for their own failure to plan.
So their plan should have been to plan for the club's failure to plan? Everyone that went to the Middlesbrough game should have got a ticket but people have cheated the system.

Midlandsexile wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:
Is this a trustworthy site? Are they in the away end? Newport COUNTRY!!!
They are all in the away end, obviously Man City fans hoping to flog their tickets.
Sounds bogus to me, and I'm certainly not going to follow the link to find out. If these tickets do exist, it would be a problem for Manchester City (club and fans). What's the Spanish connection (flag on the opening page). The £138 price tag is a bit of a strange figure. I'd say it comes from a conversion of 150 euros into sterling. I don't expect it's anything other than a scam.

wattsville_boy wrote:Can I just make the point that some Trust members pay more than season ticket holders and yet get 1/2 their ticket allocation.

So next season some will decide to pay less money to get potentially greater reward...
And can I just make the point the most st holders are Trust members as well

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Touts make money when demand outstrips supply. Unlike the 'official sell out' for Middlesbrough and Leicester, the Manchester City game is really sold out.

I fully expect lots of flack but it doesn't alter the fact that I once again have been proved right.

For that to happen the touts would have had to gain entry into the Boro game with every ticket.
Amazingly, you get touts outside every Premier League ground I’ve been to.

Marky wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Marky wrote:No-one seems to be owning up though, very strange how no-one would admit to depriving loyal County fans of tickets in order to impress their mates.
Surely if they're that loyal they'd have seen this coming?

Not being funny, they could have signed up to the trust last week and cancelled the direct debit after one month. People seem so reluctant to help themselves and then go looking for sympathy for their own failure to plan.
So their plan should have been to plan for the club's failure to plan? Everyone that went to the Middlesbrough game should have got a ticket but people have cheated the system.
Sorry, but the club has made it abundantly clear that after season ticket holders, trust members and shareholders it is every man for themselves. This has been the case since (I think) Swindon away last season, then Leeds, then Spurs (twice), then Middlesbrough, then Leicester, then Man City.

Yes, in an ideal world we would be able to come up with the perfect ticketing system so that no regular fan misses out. But, seriously, how many times do we need to operate a priority booking system before people get the hint?

Any regular fan knows how the ticketing arrangements work at the moment, so why bother taking the risk? You could have obtained a priority for £5 and cancelled the DDM afterwards if you'd wanted to. If people wanted a ticket for this match that badly they would easily have been able to secure themselves one, but instead have been a little bit half-arsed about it, left it until the last day (when it was obviously always going to be hit and miss if you are capable of adding numbers together) and are now moaning.

NEWSFLASH - our ticketing system is poor, our ground is not very big, and we are playing one of the best teams on the planet in an FA Cup 5th round game. You might find tickets hard to come by if you sit on your arse and do nothing to help yourself. The club aren't going to look at your face and go "there's Barry Bigballs there, keep him a ticket because he went to Sittingbourne away in 1998".

rncfc wrote: NEWSFLASH - our ticketing system is poor, our ground is not very big, and we are playing one of the best teams on the planet in an FA Cup 5th round game. You might find tickets hard to come by if you sit on your arse and do nothing to help yourself. The club aren't going to look at your face and go "there's Barry Bigballs there, keep him a ticket because he went to Sittingbourne away in 1998".
:lol:

Quite. I was one of those who missed out on a Man City ticket, and I was disappointed (especially after 400+ unsuccessful calls on Friday!). But others queued for hours in the pissing rain, and they deserve a ticket as much as I might feel I do. I’ll use the money I save to watch a few more home games, so no harm done.

Having said that, if anyone’s got a spare ticket... Drop me a DM!

George Street-Bridge wrote:
rncfc wrote: keep him a ticket because he went to Sittingbourne away in 1998".
Pah, impostor! Any real supporter would know we only played at Sittingbourne once, in 1996! :grin: :grin: :grin:

That said, it was so bad no-one who was there will forget it.
One of Graham Rogers' last games if I remember rightly? 0-3 or something like that?

In my view, when the big games come around, there should be the rule regarding Trust members that : "In order to obtain priority as a Trust member, they must have been a member before the first league game, their membership must have been up to date throughout, and still current at the time the ticket priority is used"...... so no doing direct debits and cancelling. Join by 1st August and remain a member, or no priority.
Time to start closing loop holes wherever they may be found.

newgroundrodney wrote:In my view, when the big games come around, there should be the rule regarding Trust members that : "In order to obtain priority as a Trust member, they must have been a member before the first league game, their membership must have been up to date throughout, and still current at the time the ticket priority is used"...... so no doing direct debits and cancelling. Join by 1st August and remain a member, or no priority.
Time to start closing loop holes wherever they may be found.
Well yes, you're spot on, but it won't happen. People had until the 31st January to join this time around, because boosting membership numbers is vital to our future unless we're prepared to admit that in the absence of cup runs we can't sustain a league future on our own.

What's more important for us? To piss off a handful of people once every couple of years, or boost your membership numbers adding credibility to what we're trying to achieve?

At the end of the day, if any of our regulars bothered to read the updates from the club on Twitter, the website, the forum, the Argus, they would have seen that they could join the trust online in about 2 minutes flat, and guarantee themselves a ticket for the Man City game. They chose not to.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
rncfc wrote: keep him a ticket because he went to Sittingbourne away in 1998".
Pah, impostor! Any real supporter would know we only played at Sittingbourne once, in 1996! :grin: :grin: :grin:

That said, it was so bad no-one who was there will forget it.
George, you are a cruel man. I thought I had put memories of that game behind me but now you've brought it all back. :grin:

What a difference in the club between then and now :grin: