Parking tickets

I am bloody fuming just read Wales on line the Gwent police booked loads of cars parked by the ground. Now i know they shouldn't have parked there but i drive for a living around Newport, and the number of cars parked every day on yellow lines even by the main police station and never booked. Seen police walked by them even and not book them. The high streets is just one massive car park. Now the police deliberately targeted our fans. Start booking cars all the time and not when it suits. :evil: :evil:

Re: Parking tickets

Micheal wrote:i imagine local residents complained
I wonder if they'd get such a quick and effective police response if one of them had been burgled ???

Of course not !!! Because that would involve some police work , and would not help them hit their targets for parking fines for the whole year within a couple of hours on a Sunday morning !!

Just saying

What a lot of the “ goody two shoes “ posters on here defending the police don’t realise is that Newport as a city has enormous parking problems. On a day to day basis the local police do absolutely nothing about it allowing dangerous and lane-blocking parking all over the centre of the city. Come a County event and lo and behold the parking tickets start flying around.
I have no axe to grind, I use buses and taxis to and from the ground but what I’ve said is the truth. Where I live we have residents parking, I had a dumped car left outside my house ( probably no tax or insurance ) for six months despite it being regularly reported, it only got shifted when neighbours found it was unlocked and we complained it was a possible risk to children’s safety. This post to put our fans “ irresponsible “ parking into perspective.

They were busy slapping notices on cars at the Middlesbrough game as well. I would imagine if they were warnings too, then the Man City game will see a lot of fines being issued. Take the hint I guess!

Get a taxi and have a few drinks for the price of your parking ticket or, better still, join the trust and get priority on tickets next time.

rncfc wrote:They were busy slapping notices on cars at the Middlesbrough game as well. I would imagine if they warnings too, then the Man City game will see a lot of fines being issued. Take the hint I guess!

Get a taxi and have a few drinks for the price of your parking ticket.
Yes I posted on here after Middlesbrough game I got ticket I think the local residents been complaining you can't really blame them I was in wrong I hold my hands up