Re: I wonder

chepstowamber wrote:How many of those whingers that said they won't be back for the rest of the season after the heavy Yeovil defeat were falling all over themselves to get Man City tickets?, Just wondering.
Chris
If I remember correctly there were about 4,400 at the Yeovil game, and an average of approx. 3,000 at subsequent games. I'm sure NGR can supply accurate figures.
Therefore in answer to you question probably about 1400.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Was the 4400 that you quoted (& I haven’t checked), the total attendance, if so, it would surely include the decent Yeovil following?
Yes it would include a decent yeovil following. The point is if course we had larger than normal home support numbers when there was a possibility of topping the table,but due to one loss, those numbers haven't returned for league games, only the FA cup matches. I'm sure our supporters aren't much different from most other supporters, especially of lower league teams.

Think perhaps we are alluding to the fickleness (is that a proper word?) of County supporters. Are they indeed any worse than most other lower league teams. I'm sure though that many of those attending the Man City match will have no intention of attending County league games. Barring our appearance, possibly of our play off final at Wembly?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Think perhaps we are alluding to the fickleness (is that a proper word?) of County supporters. Are they indeed any worse than most other lower league teams. I'm sure though that many of those attending the Man City match will have no intention of attending County league games. Barring our appearance, possibly of our play off final at Wembly?
It was ever thus. First game of the season over Somerton about 12k , lose a couple of games and 4K and calling them all the donkeys under the sun :grin: :roll:

The average number of COUNTY fans at home games,
up to BUT NOT INCLUDING the Yeovil town game.................................2929

The number of County fans AT the Yeovil Town game.............................3737 (still the 2nd highest of the season so far)

So the number of County fans at the Yeovil game was
808 higher than the average prior to that game being played,
an increase of 27.57% above average.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on February 11th, 2019, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.