County Songs for Newbies

With all the Lego fans turning up for the Big Game Saturday :grin: (Tongue firmly in Cheek) would it be a good idea to give out a County hymn Sheet for fans entering the ground that need one. We need to be the 12th man on Saturday if we are to have any chance of causing the biggest FA Cup upset ever.

Re: County Songs for Newbies

B0mbshell wrote:With all the Lego fans turning up for the Big Game Saturday :grin: (Tongue firmly in Cheek) would it be a good idea to give out a County hymn Sheet for fans entering the ground that need one. We need to be the 12th man on Saturday if we are to have any chance of causing the biggest FA Cup upset ever.
Perhaps prayer sheets would be more appropriate?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
B0mbshell wrote:With all the Lego fans turning up for the Big Game Saturday :grin: (Tongue firmly in Cheek) would it be a good idea to give out a County hymn Sheet for fans entering the ground that need one. We need to be the 12th man on Saturday if we are to have any chance of causing the biggest FA Cup upset ever.
Perhaps prayer sheets would be more appropriate?

:grin:

How about to the tune of I'm County 'til I die.

We really are not lout,
Got tickets from the touts,
Paid above the odds,
To greedy sods,
In a trough they had their snouts,

rncfc wrote:How about;

I'm a sad, bitter old man
With a retrospective plan
With a pint of grog
And an online vlog
I'll bore your eyes off man

Very good. Scans to on Ilkley Moor.

Sad at the the way our club is mismanaged, yes. Sad that many County fans who are disadvantaged by age or wealth, again yes. Even sadder of the smug 'I'm all right Jack' attitude of people with tickets seem to have.

Definitely sad, but like the Guinness, I'm not bitter. 8)

The only reason "I'm all right Jack" is because I took steps to make sure me and the kids were all right in the event of a "best case scenario".

I do truly feel sorry for the exiled fans who didn't have access to anyone in Newport to go and visit the ticket office for them, but the majority of people sniping on various social media outlets are at best casual followers who weren't interested in guaranteeing themselves a ticket.

The only answer is a 21st century ticketing system, and now we might have the financial means to get one, I guess we watch this space and ask the questions of the board when we get the opportunity to do so. Sitting behind a keyboard sniping isn't going to further this cause, it's just going to make you even more alienated from people who would otherwise be supporting your cause.
Last edited by rncfc on February 11th, 2019, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.