Re: Exiles Grandstand Notts County

Exile 1976 wrote:It’s a great result away to a form team.
They had collected 7 points from their previous 3 games against top opposition

h: Lincoln (3)
a: FGR (1)
h: Mansfield (3) ..
In some ways, last night could be considered an odd result, but in reality it shows that we can be a very good side. Every player worked so hard and man for man, we were better in every department. At half time I felt we still needed to score the next goal, which we duly did, and from then on made an excellent job of shutting Notts County out. Amond and Matt really put the jitters in their defence and their goalie looked a real liability. They have had a radical overhaul of their team, but relying on Stead and Alessandra might be their undoing in the long run. Mackail-Smith, as always, fell in a heap at regular intervals. If it wasn't for the dreadful form of Yeovil and Port Vale, they would be in very deep trouble.

rncfc wrote:Did a little LOL at this snippet from their forum;
Don’t get me started on a number of Newport players telling us we are going down.
http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.p ... 708&page=5

What comes around goes around lads. It was only a couple of years ago you were doing exactly the same to us.
Yes, I read that and thought exactly the same as you!
There fans at Rodney were also gloating thinking that they were about to do there part on our relegation

Don’t get me started on a number of Newport players telling us we are going down.

What comes around goes around lads. It was only a couple of years ago you were doing exactly the same to us.
Of course they were.

Last night the game kicked off with Michael Flynn moaning about the schedule of games. During the course of the game two County players were booked for cynical fouls to stop Notts County playing. On three occasions Newport players stopped the game by going down as if they had been shot. Whilst Joe Day gave a masterclass in time wasting, which in my opinion was the equal of anything I've ever seen. Falling to the floor every time he caught the ball, changing the side from which he took goal kicks, in fact every trick in the book.

We moan when it's done to us but love it when we do it to them. In that respect we are exactly the same as every other club in League 2. In fact in that respect we are the same as every other club in the world.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Of course they were.

Last night the game kicked off with Michael Flynn moaning about the schedule of games. During the course of the game two County players were booked for cynical fouls to stop Notts County playing. On three occasions Newport players stopped the game by going down as if they had been shot. Whilst Joe Day gave a masterclass in time wasting, which in my opinion was the equal of anything I've ever seen. Falling to the floor every time he caught the ball, changing the side from which he took goal kicks, in fact every trick in the book.

We moan when it's done to us but love it when we do it to them. In that respect we are exactly the same as every other club in League 2. In fact in that respect we are the same as every other club in the world.

I read rncfc's post as being Newport players were telling the Notts County fans that they were going down as in getting relegated?