Re: Our sponsors

wattsville_boy wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:In terms of major events, we're done.
You forget the play-offs. Getting there and progressing through the rounds could end the season with a play-off final. That would be fairly major,,,
The point is, as main sponsors, a home fixture against Man City should have seen some sort of visible presence at the ground. Some marketing & publicity. They should have been 'all over it' in my opinion.

newgroundrodney wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:In terms of major events, we're done.
You forget the play-offs. Getting there and progressing through the rounds could end the season with a play-off final. That would be fairly major,,,
The point is, as main sponsors, a home fixture against Man City should have seen some sort of visible presence at the ground. Some marketing & publicity. They should have been 'all over it' in my opinion.

as long as they pay the agreed fee with the club that has been negotiated isn't it the sponsors fault for missing out , not the club ?
They probably wont be our sponsors next season. as long as they have paid the amount agreed thats their bad planning

Neilcork68 wrote: "as long as they pay the agreed fee with the club that has been negotiated isn't it the sponsors fault for missing out , not the club ?
They probably wont be our sponsors next season. as long as they have paid the amount agreed thats their bad planning"
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
just to clarify, I never actually said it was the Club's fault, nor did I imply it.

newgroundrodney wrote:Neilcork68 wrote: "as long as they pay the agreed fee with the club that has been negotiated isn't it the sponsors fault for missing out , not the club ?
They probably wont be our sponsors next season. as long as they have paid the amount agreed thats their bad planning"
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................
just to clarify, I never actually said it was the Club's fault, nor did I imply it.

I'm not Neil's greatest fan. But I can see where he's coming from. I think what Neil is trying to say is that maybe the club could have added something in the contract along the lines of "if successful in Cup competitions the said party would pay x - amount of money for the extra t.v. Coverage that the sponsor would receive".
Last edited by The Newport on February 20th, 2019, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newgroundrodney wrote:Neilcork68 wrote: "as long as they pay the agreed fee with the club that has been negotiated isn't it the sponsors fault for missing out , not the club ?

I didnt say you did..... Isnt it the sponsors fault though not the club ? ( obviously I have no knowledge of the contract but surely the club wouldnt expect to progress so far in the cup , couldnt foresee the media attention it got etc ? so wouldnt have put things like that in the contract ????
just a guess from my side
G Foxhall has stated that when the club plans budgets the Cup runs arent taken into the figures they work on..So the last two years have been much needed , much appreciated bonuses for the club...surely when they negotiate contracts , even with the main sponsor the work the same way.
For the money they paid INTERBET get a blooming good deal sponsorship this year with all the publicity the cup run brought them

neilcork68 wrote:

I didnt say you did..... Isnt it the sponsors fault though not the club ? ( obviously I have no knowledge of the contract but surely the club wouldnt expect to progress so far in the cup , couldnt foresee the media attention it got etc ? so wouldnt have put things like that in the contract ????
G Foxhall has stated that when the club plans budgets the Cup runs arent taken into the figures they work on..So the last two years have been much needed , much appreciated bonuses for the club...surely when they negotiate contracts , even with the main sponsor the work the same way.
For the money they paid INTERBET get a blooming good deal sponsorship this year with all the publicity the cup run brought them
..and hopefully the result of our media attention is more competition for sponsorship next year and therefore greater income

Collars wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

..and hopefully the result of our media attention is more competition for sponsorship next year and therefore greater income[/quote

There didn't appear to be much competition for sponsorship following last season'd Cup success.]

BertieB wrote:Does anyone have ANY information about a Monmouthshire Building Society sponsorship , Mr Foxhall seemed to know very little about it when I mentioned it to him recently
The affinity account. It's not an exclusive account for County fans, it's one where you could nominate an organisation to receive a tiny proportion of the interest paid (IIRC) ***, in the hope, from their point of view, that thousands of County fans would sign up. I don't think it happened in reality. They were held up as our "financial services partner"....but when we wanted a monthly payment scheme for Season Tickets, many thought our "financial services partner" would have provided the finance but it wasn't to be. Had they done so, I'd have probably opened an account.
The whole thing seemed a bit of a non starter to me. I may be wrong, maybe hundreds opened accounts, in which case I stand corrected.

*** edit: upon inspection, it appears to be a percentage of the balance in the account.

https://www.monbs.com/savings/personal- ... l-savings/

I spoke with MON Building Society today and they told me that County have had money over £550 so far from my MBS /Fast affinity sponsoring account ---That plus Season tickets for about 10 seasons in the same Bisley Stand Block D seeing only 2 matches (no refund) when I could not attend due to the club banning me from Parking in RP --AFTER selling me one of the £260 season tickets.Plus being a Silver Card and Share holder. Mr Foxhall said he wasnt sure if the MBS fast afffinity was running or not--- and they wonder why I'm not very happy that my seat for Man City was sold even though I had emailed them about my ticket that I would collect it at the pre CupTie match.
Bloody Disgusted !!!