RP ticket prices

There are a few threads,new training ground being one,that have been sidetracked by ticket prices so can we keep that for here.
Brendan,and others have said we charge too much for the product on offer,I disagree.On Saturday evening,I am going to see Joan Baez in St David's Hall on her farewell tour.Tickets in the stalls sold out at £67 a seat,that is over three times more expensive than our dearest seat.I have got a cheap seat with restricted view,limited leg room and behind the stage seeing her back all night for £32.This is still a good tenner more expensive than the best seat at RP.This is to see a 78 year old woman passed her best but no one is saying it is too dear.That afternoon,74000 people will flock to the Principality Stadium for Wales v England.Tickets in the cheap seats were £40,rising to £120 for a mere 80 minutes action of which a third will be the ref asking the forwards to crouch,touch,pause and engage.He will more than likely lose patience and award a penalty to someone just to get the game moving.Tickets on line are available,a £40 ticket will cost £175 with some going for £400 plus.This dismisses the claim that South Wales is poor and there is no money in our pockets.It also proves that the WRU didn't give priority,like we did,to regulars and they can't get a ticket unless they pay over the odds.NCAFC charge from £18 to see professional footballers ply their trade and give us glorious memories like Leicester,Middlesbrough and Manchester City for a few pounds more.Memories that that will stay with me forever.This is incredible value for money and if,as Brian Harris said,booze,betting and bingo are more important than football to a large section of Newport people,then it is their loss not ours and there is no need to drop prices for them as they won't come anyway.If they can drag themselves out of the pub to watch us,then they too will have great memories so come and join us but don't expect it for next to nothing.

Re: RP ticket prices

From my own point of view, as I've highlighted before, pretty much the only thing that'll increase attendances is climbing up the divisions. Doing so will give higher visiting fans' numbers for a start.
Dropping prices will only work if enough people turn up to maintain overall revenue levels....more bums on seats = same money in the till.
Before the extra seats were announced, I was advocating a top price of £42 for Man City, but that's by-the-by.
What the Club needs to do is get away from this recent instance of trying to appeal to so many different categories of people.
What we need is a more simplified structure.
What we need is something like:

Adult (18+) ... all areas, sit or stand, all purchase methods........£20.00
Senior (65+)...all areas, sit or stand, all purchase methods........£10.00
Child (under 18*) ........................................................................£ 5.00

Average ticket price = £11.67....same as it is now....just different, simpler structure.

* if the child is old enough to stand on its feet, or sit in a seat, they need to pay.

newgroundrodney wrote:From my own point of view, as I've highlighted before, pretty much the only thing that'll increase attendances is climbing up the divisions. Doing so will give higher visiting fans' numbers for a start.
Dropping prices will only work if enough people turn up to maintain overall revenue levels....more bums on seats = same money in the till.
Before the extra seats were announced, I was advocating a top price of £42 for Man City, but that's by-the-by.
What the Club needs to do is get away from this recent instance of trying to appeal to so many different categories of people.

Child (under 18*) ........................................................................£ 5.00

Average ticket price = £11.67....same as it is now....just different, simpler structure.

* if the child is old enough to stand on its feet, or sit in a seat, they need to pay.
But surely the average is just a meaningless number. You could add an adult (110+) at £1 an reduce the average to your magic £9 but its pointless. Unless you know the mix of ages you regularly attract and know how many of each category are actually purchased then there is no point in averaging the selling price.

Until ypu know the mix of ages of attendees you cant do anything with averages and amend prices to attract new supporters.

IMB wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:From my own point of view, as I've highlighted before, pretty much the only thing that'll increase attendances is climbing up the divisions. Doing so will give higher visiting fans' numbers for a start.

But surely the average is just a meaningless number. You could add an adult (110+) at £1 an reduce the average to your magic £9 but its pointless. Unless you know the mix of ages you regularly attract and know how many of each category are actually purchased then there is no point in averaging the selling price.

Until ypu know the mix of ages of attendees you cant do anything with averages and amend prices to attract new supporters.
In this particular instance, I only mentioned the average price in passing. The real point I wanted to stress was the need for a more simplified structure, with more choice of where to sit / stand, with more choice of how / when to buy, without COST being an issue. Let people buy out of choice, not cost.

Percy plunkett wrote:There are a few threads,new training ground being one,that have been sidetracked by ticket prices so can we keep that for here.
Brendan,and others have said we charge too much for the product on offer,I disagree.On Saturday evening,I am going to see Joan Baez in St David's Hall on her farewell tour.Tickets in the stalls sold out at £67 a seat,that is over three times more expensive than our dearest seat.I have got a cheap seat with restricted view,limited leg room and behind the stage seeing her back all night for £32.This is still a good tenner more expensive than the best seat at RP.This is to see a 78 year old woman passed her best but no one is saying it is too dear.That afternoon,74000 people will flock to the Principality Stadium for Wales v England.Tickets in the cheap seats were £40,rising to £120 for a mere 80 minutes action of which a third will be the ref asking the forwards to crouch,touch,pause and engage.He will more than likely lose patience and award a penalty to someone just to get the game moving.Tickets on line are available,a £40 ticket will cost £175 with some going for £400 plus.This dismisses the claim that South Wales is poor and there is no money in our pockets.It also proves that the WRU didn't give priority,like we did,to regulars and they can't get a ticket unless they pay over the odds.NCAFC charge from £18 to see professional footballers ply their trade and give us glorious memories like Leicester,Middlesbrough and Manchester City for a few pounds more.Memories that that will stay with me forever.This is incredible value for money and if,as Brian Harris said,booze,betting and bingo are more important than football to a large section of Newport people,then it is their loss not ours and there is no need to drop prices for them as they won't come anyway.If they can drag themselves out of the pub to watch us,then they too will have great memories so come and join us but don't expect it for next to nothing.
Percy, minor point but I think important to stress. I don't say Newport County charge too much. I say football is too expensive. Newport are just one of every club who charge too much.

As for your Joan Baez point I would argue fine as a one off. But would you pay £20 to watch a competent singer songwriter you had never heard of 23 times a year?

Whilst one can argue about the detail I think NGR has a point. Saintsbury's, Tesco's , Asda and others told us that we had to pay a certain price. They argued to lower prices would be economic suicide.

And then along came Aldi and Lidl.

excessbee wrote:I've not been aware of anyone suggesting our pricing structure is too complicated. It doesn't take a genius to work out which age category you fit into.
In my view, there is not enough choice written into it. When I say choice, I mean choice that doesn't come with strings attached. I'd like to see real choice, not based on how much you pay, how you buy, when you buy, etc...... just let people sit if they want, or stand if they want. Do away with some of the age brackets too, and sort out what a 'senior' is considered to be.
That's my opinion, that it could be simpler, with more choice, where cost is not an issue.
People might then get the idea: "it's £20 to watch County".... " I think I'll sit today"..." I fancy standing up today and have a sing"..etc but same price. Real choice, not choice with hooks.

Why was there such a panic to get the missing multitudes back to watch that cuptie with NO thought for the regular supporters, ie WHY WAS ALL RESTRICTIONS TAKEN OFF THE TICKET SALES,due to family health problems I emailed Newport County Trust 3 THREE times before the last pre cuptie game, and got an automatic acknowledgement each time saying that they would answer my request--I also tried phoning the "hotline" and got an unobtainable signal, then after attending the league match I got told there were no tickets left and actually spoke to two well known supporters who did their best to get me a seat but proved unsuccessful I shall look with interest at the next home game numbers ----I very much doubt that'll need to be all ticket

If you look at league two prices across all clubs it varies a lot ( MK Dons this weekend is a lot, senior £22).

I am a senior (60+) and pay £16 which is fair but would pay more to see MY club.

If we are to succeed short term prices should go up a bit for the 3,000 hardcore fans that turn up every week..

bedeck wrote:If you look at league two prices across all clubs it varies a lot ( MK Dons this weekend is a lot, senior £22).

I am a senior (60+) and pay £16 which is fair but would pay more to see MY club.

If we are to succeed short term prices should go up a bit for the 3,000 hardcore fans that turn up every week..
The £22 senior price is for the East Stand centre which is presumably the best seats in the house. It's also £27 for adults, £5 more than any other part of the ground. We won't have to pay that much, but £17 and £22 is still a bit above the average. My guess is that the home fans avoid the expensive area too.

excessbee wrote:
bedeck wrote:If you look at league two prices across all clubs it varies a lot ( MK Dons this weekend is a lot, senior £22).

The £22 senior price is for the East Stand centre which is presumably the best seats in the house. It's also £27 for adults, £5 more than any other part of the ground. We won't have to pay that much, but £17 and £22 is still a bit above the average. My guess is that the home fans avoid the expensive area too.
I don't think there is such a thing as best seats in his house. I've stayed in the Presidential Suite at the hotel. I think this is part of the West Stand and doubles as hospitality for the home board during games. Even the seats that go with this room can best be described as drab although you can access the TV camera area.

My mate and I,went to watch them down the road against Watford last night.There are three categories,one for the big games,two for Everton etc and three for Watford and the so called smaller clubs.All three have different prices,then there are loads of zones with different prices again.We were at the back of the Ninian and payed £27,which was the cheapest zone.Everton would be £29 for category 2 match in the same seats.We will be in a different block where there are three prices,£29 for the back seats,then £33 for red zone nearer the front.We are in purple zone,which is the same distance from the pitch as the red zone,but for some reason,is deemed a better view so is £35.All a bit confusing if you ask me,we charge the same for any seat,I think,which has to be the best option.Someone in the end seat of purple zone,could be sat next to someone in the end red zone seat,and be paying more for exactly the same view,crazy to me.Someone will say I am crazy to go to watch them I know,but I wanted to see a Prem game.As it turned out,they were as bad as the score suggests.

Percy plunkett wrote:My mate and I,went to watch them down the road against Watford last night.There are three categories,one for the big games,two for Everton etc and three for Watford and the so called smaller clubs.All three have different prices,then there are loads of zones with different prices again.We were at the back of the Ninian and payed £27,which was the cheapest zone.Everton would be £29 for category 2 match in the same seats.We will be in a different block where there are three prices,£29 for the back seats,then £33 for red zone nearer the front.We are in purple zone,which is the same distance from the pitch as the red zone,but for some reason,is deemed a better view so is £35.All a bit confusing if you ask me,we charge the same for any seat,I think,which has to be the best option.Someone in the end seat of purple zone,could be sat next to someone in the end red zone seat,and be paying more for exactly the same view,crazy to me.Someone will say I am crazy to go to watch them I know,but I wanted to see a Prem game.As it turned out,they were as bad as the score suggests.
Could you not find a wall to watch dry instead?

Percy plunkett wrote:My mate and I,went to watch them down the road against Watford last night.There are three categories,one for the big games,two for Everton etc and three for Watford and the so called smaller clubs.All three have different prices,then there are loads of zones with different prices again.We were at the back of the Ninian and payed £27,which was the cheapest zone.Everton would be £29 for category 2 match in the same seats.We will be in a different block where there are three prices,£29 for the back seats,then £33 for red zone nearer the front.We are in purple zone,which is the same distance from the pitch as the red zone,but for some reason,is deemed a better view so is £35.All a bit confusing if you ask me,we charge the same for any seat,I think,which has to be the best option.Someone in the end seat of purple zone,could be sat next to someone in the end red zone seat,and be paying more for exactly the same view,crazy to me.Someone will say I am crazy to go to watch them I know,but I wanted to see a Prem game.As it turned out,they were as bad as the score suggests.
IIRC, last time I looked CCFC had a whopping 92 different pricing bands...absolutely ridiculous!

Caerleon Exile wrote:
Could you not find a wall to watch dry instead?
I do that in my day job so I wanted to explore new experiences.Pretty dire it was,will be better against Everton for sure.