Re: Grandstand - Northampton Away

Don Corleone wrote:Not at the game but why wait until the 90th minute to make the first sub. A few players have looked tired the last few weeks so why not give fresh legs 20 or 30 minutes to make an impact.
Bloody obvious really, we were playing well so no need, but as you say, you weren't there. Imagine bringing on attacking options and chasing the game and then losing because of that decision. What would have been the reaction to that?

excessbee wrote:
Don Corleone wrote:Not at the game but why wait until the 90th minute to make the first sub. A few players have looked tired the last few weeks so why not give fresh legs 20 or 30 minutes to make an impact.
Bloody obvious really, we were playing well so no need, but as you say, you weren't there. Imagine bringing on attacking options and chasing the game and then losing because of that decision. What would have been the reaction to that?
Now that really is blind loyalty.

Safely home and tucked up in bed!

We nearly got a draw, which we probably deserved for the defensive effort but not overall performance.

The goal was as a result of about the only decent shot from either side. Joe kept us in it first half and for me it was a penalty, when Labs raised his arms to block a cross.

Think most Cobblers fans breathed a sigh of relief when they scored as they were getting a bit frustrated. I would like to have seen more endeavour earlier on with substitutions in a sh@t or bust effort. Hanging on for a point is probably not what is required at the moment.

Strangely in the queue for hot drinks at half time, I overheard a chap saying he wasn’t from Newport, but lived locally. I asked him where , and he lives about 2 miles away. Moved from Newport about 20 years ago...I’m not the only....County fan in the village!

My feet are still frozen!

Phil in Npton