The annual Wrexham chokeathon

Is anybody else enjoying the annual "wheels falling off promotion chase" at Wrexham?

Usually commencing around St David's Day, and gathering apace by the time the Cheltenham race festival starts, the Wrexham Promotion Chokeathon has become an annual event, enjoyed by football fans all over the UK, and particularly in the South of Wales.

Supporters of this fallen giant, many of whom sport 1980s style moustaches, like to bombard anyone who will listen with details of their European exploits during William the Conqueror's era, and bore their grandkids to death about how they once beat Arsenal back when they were known as Dial Square, with Owain Glyndwr scoring the winning goal.

Not dissimilar to near neighbours Liverpool, Wrexham fans are well known for claiming that "it's aarrrrrr yeeerrrrrr mayyyyyyt" between the months of July and February each year, before reverting to infighting and slagging off their volunteer board members between the months of March and June.

Heavily subsidised by the taxpayer, one has to wonder how much longer this abomination of a football club will continue to have ideas above its station, before it accepts its natural place in the amateur divisions.

Re: The annual Wrexham chokeathon

rncfc wrote:Is anybody else enjoying the annual "wheels falling off promotion chase" at Wrexham?

Usually commencing around St David's Day, and gathering apace by the time the Cheltenham race festival starts, the Wrexham Promotion Chokeathon has become an annual event, enjoyed by football fans all over the UK.
As opposed to the annual County chokeathon which usually starts in August. :grin:

Seriously we only talk of the struggles of others when our season is not going well. Wrexham a much smaller town than Newport with much higher crowds. Personally I find that a tad embarrassing.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:Is anybody else enjoying the annual "wheels falling off promotion chase" at Wrexham?

Usually commencing around St David's Day, and gathering apace by the time the Cheltenham race festival starts, the Wrexham Promotion Chokeathon has become an annual event, enjoyed by football fans all over the UK.
As opposed to the annual County chokeathon which usually starts in August. :grin:

Seriously we only talk of the struggles of others when our season is not going well. Wrexham a much smaller town than Newport with much higher crowds. Personally I find that a tad embarrassing.
To be fair though, there's not a great deal else to do up there except get addicted to heroin. Their extra finger means they can use longer syringes too.

neilcork68 wrote:you taking the pee out of another club . Have you seen our last 10 games ?
Yep, most of them in fact as I queued to get tickets even for the big games. Included in that were games against Manchester City, Middlesbrough and a plethora of established football league sides.

Wrexham lost 3-1 at home to Barrow last night. I'll continue taking the pee out of them until they get promoted, although the rate they're going I'm starting to wonder whether it will ever happen. We managed it in 3 seasons.

rncfc wrote:Whose side are NC and SE on anyway? Quite prepared to put the boot into our own club and team, but stick up for Wrexham of all teams.

**** Wrexham; who do you two support really? Be honest.
I am a County supporter. I always have been. I always will be. But I don't hate people from Wrexham, Cardiff, England. Now I am not so straight laced as to not enjoy a bit of banter but have to point out that having a go at Wrexham or blaming others to deflect from our difficulties just doesn't do it for me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:Whose side are NC and SE on anyway? Quite prepared to put the boot into our own club and team, but stick up for Wrexham of all teams.

I am a County supporter. I always have been. I always will be. But I don't hate people from Wrexham, Cardiff, England. Now I am not so straight laced as to not enjoy a bit of banter but have to point out that having a go at Wrexham or blaming others to deflect from our difficulties just doesn't do it for me.
Lol. You're funny.

45 years man and boy so far as a County fan and proud of it.....

As much as I dont like Wrectum, the six fingered p####s ( there does that make you happy ? :lol: ) I cant see how its funny taking the pee out of them.
If it wasnt for Les and the money he put in we too could still be in the National League....or even worse relegated even further down the pyramid staring at the abyss and having no hope of ever reaching the football league...We just got lucky.

Im not putting the boot into us at all, just pointing out that we arent exactly hitting any form recently are we ? , yet there are fans on here talking about the play offs :lol: .....We are 8 points behind the last play off spot with a game in hand...with our current form it may as well be 100 . We have no hope of reaching them this season. Thank **** for the points we have on board or we would really be in the crap and IMO MF is struggling to find a way of stringing a run of results together. We will probably win on Friday ( so that the (here comes Newport getting into the play offs brigade start shouting it from the roof tops) then lose the next 5...But thats ok as we have money in the bank for next season...
We had money in the bank last year from the Cup run but that got swallowed up in running costs because as I predicted the 'plastics who attended the Tottenham , Leicester ,Man City, games' have not turned up since.