Team for Cheltenham

Given that most posters appear to have given up on any possibility of us reaching the play-offs or getting relegated; coupled with criticisms of use the same group of players, who would posters like to see selected for tomorrows game?
Is it time to give more game time to those squad members out of contract at the end of the season, so they a chance to demonstrate they are worthy of another? Or do you think MF has already decided on whom he wishes to extend their stay? Or is it the right time to bring some fresh legs into the starting line-up?

Re: Team for Cheltenham

It’s Newport County, and knowing us, I fully expect us to beat Cheltenham tomorrow and get something out of the Oldham game.

We still have 10 games left to play. If we’re going to make the play offs we’re going to need 7-8 wins from the remaining matches. Unlikely, but you never know. I don’t think we’ll get anything from Cambridge (a) or Lincoln (h) but we will see!

I think Flynn knows who he wants to keep for next season. Play the strongest team we can until it’s mathematically impossible not to make the play-offs. If players out of contract are hoping to stay on past this season they will have to up their game and perform harder in training.

Not being negative, but 7-8 wins from 9 games is not possible. I would try players who are out of contract and our players out on loan. Give Sheehan all games as we struggle with creative, Forbes is he the right back for next season, bring back Foulston and Touray from loans to see if they can command league two for next season. It's pointless playing loan players like Bakinson, Neufville and Mc Kidry as they won't be here next season. Got to try Crofts although I would release him on medical grounds and he is a high earner.

Exile 1976 wrote:Play what he sees as his strongest team until it is mathematically impossible for us to reach the play offs. As it stands we’re only 8 pts off with a game in hand, don’t think it’s time for him to experiment just yet.
I tend to agree. Although anything less than six points from the next three games, all we should win if we regard ourselves as realistic challengers, and I think we can experiment.

The plus of that is that we would have a fair few games to try out a things.