Re: Podge misses out

Exile 1976 wrote:Not named in the final 23 man ROI squad
That's a shame. At 30 he probably won't get another chance. Having watched a few Ireland games of late I think he is worthy of the chance. Not for his goals against League 2 sides but because against Spurs, Leicester and Manchester City he has scored three times in four games against three teams who have all played in the latter stages of the Champions League.

Re: Podge misses out

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Not named in the final 23 man ROI squad
That's a shame. At 30 he probably won't get another chance. Having watched a few Ireland games of late I think he is worthy of the chance. Not for his goals against League 2 sides but because against Spurs, Leicester and Manchester City he has scored three times in four games against three teams who have all played in the latter stages of the Champions League.
Agree with you there. I can't see him being seen as having kept his fitness up for the June internationals unless we make the playoffs. Can't even take joy in the fact he will be available for us.
Crying shame both these matches are qualifiers, a friendly might have made it more likely.