Re: Paul Scholes

George Street-Bridge wrote:I only wrote his programme profile yesterday! Thought he'd at least get to the end of the season.
They might get through another one before the end of April. You may also have to scrub Darren Way if Yeovil continue to struggle.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Sky reports last night painted a picture of someone out of his depth in the job.
What did sky say? I have to be honest in part my query is because of my intense dislike of Scholes. As a player he was gifted but frankly was a thug. If I heard commentators once say they put it down to Scholes not being able to tackle, when the truth was he took out his fellow professionals with no regard to the injuries he could and did cause.

Johnny Giles was exactly the same.

They highlighted his poor stats and had a couple of pundits - Gus Poyet was one, can't remember the other - talking up the idea that it's best to jump ship early if the job is going badly. Gave equal prominence to a club statement rubbishing his stated reasons for quitting.

Of course, there might be no love lost because of the BBC's love-in with the Class of 92.