Re: Does anybody know.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Three years ago the board of directors were elected for three years. Two questions.

Firstly when are the next set of elections?

Secondly do those elected since have to stand in a general election as per Parliament or do we have a rolling executive as per the local authorities?
I wonder what today's date is?

Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Three years ago the board of directors were elected for three years. Two questions.

Firstly when are the next set of elections?

Secondly do those elected since have to stand in a general election as per Parliament or do we have a rolling executive as per the local authorities?
I wonder what today's date is?
Whereas I wonder who the joke is on. :bigsmurf:

Amberexile wrote:Model Rules, which we do not fully follow can be found here -
https://www.ncafctrust.org/documents/
they are of course deliberately vague.
Also weren't some of the Trust Board members in place before these were voted through?
They're deliberatedly vague because they were written by Supporters Direct for clubs to adapt.

I'm not sure what's vague about this:

"At the first annual general meeting following the adoption of these Rules, one third of those members of the Club Board who were in office immediately before the adoption of these Rules (to be chosen by lot) will resign from office. Thereafter, the one third of the members of the Club Board elected by the members who have served the longest at the date of the annual general meeting will resign. If at any time the number of elected directors is not divisible by three, the Club Board shall decide the number of elected directors to resign in accordance with this Rule, which shall be approximately one third of the total number"

Clearly based on this principle we have rolling elections.

SJG99 wrote:
Also weren't some of the Trust Board members in place before these were voted through?
They're deliberatedly vague because they were written by Supporters Direct for clubs to adapt.

"At the first annual general meeting following the adoption of these Rules, one third of those members of the Club Board who were in office immediately before the adoption of these Rules (to be chosen by lot) will resign from office. Thereafter, the one third of the members of the Club Board elected by the members who have served the longest at the date of the annual general meeting will resign. If at any time the number of elected directors is not divisible by three, the Club Board shall decide the number of elected directors to resign in accordance with this Rule, which shall be approximately one third of the total number"

If your analysis is correct, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, every year one third of the board should be standing for reelection.

As the election is next month it is to be hoped that those responsible for the administration of the ballot get a move on with letting the electorate know what those procedures are.

SJG99 wrote:

Of course we don't actually do what it says above.
Also, it says later in the same document "Members of the Club Board of Directors will normally serve for periods of three years in accordance with the Board Membership and Conduct Policy."
"normally" - what is normal? That is where it becomes vague.
Then. has anybody seen the Board Membership and Conduct Policy? If so, how are changes to it managed?

Papski wrote:The following Trustees were elected in 2016/2017:

 Neil Collier
 Mike Everett
 Gavin Foxall
 Shaun Johnson
 Simon Sadler

These Trustees must stand again for election in or before the 2019/2020 Reporting Period.

As per https://www.ncafctrust.org/media/downlo ... 6-2017.pdf

If it helps?
Not really. When I enquired on this board at the end of last year Kevin Ward informed me on this board, although it since appears to have been deleted that the election was in May.

Still it's hardly surprising that not only is four tickets not speaking to me, the whole board don't speak to anyone. :shock:

I'm behind you chief. Just saying what was said and was is said is..
These Trustees must stand again for election in or before the 2019/2020 Reporting Period.
So it could be another 12 month by these words.
Amberexile wrote:I'd be very surprised if there are plans for elections to be held before further meetings to discuss the potential hybrid model have been held.
x2.