Why we've got a chance.

I think we've got a real chance of making the playoffs for a few reasons.

We've got nothing to lose because near enough everyone has written us off and we can use that to our advantage, also and I've said it elsewhere you just get the impression we're the one team others want to fail so f@ck em all.

Also half this dressing room and most of the management team have been here before, this isn't a new scenario in looking after business one game at a time and chasing down a points total, it's also going to be extremely difficult for any of our rivals to get maximum points because they are all playing each other, if they do then fair play nothing you can do about that but the season so far indicates they won't.

It's also obvious how close they all are and that's massive in any walk of life because it breeds confidence and belief.

We're right in this make no mistake.

Re: Why we've got a chance.

supporter wrote:I think we've got a real chance of making the playoffs for a few reasons.

We've got nothing to lose because near enough everyone has written us off and we can use that to our advantage, also and I've said it elsewhere you just get the impression we're the one team others want to fail so f@ck em all.

Also half this dressing room and most of the management team have been here before, this isn't a new scenario in looking after business one game at a time and chasing down a points total, it's also going to be extremely difficult for any of our rivals to get maximum points because they are all playing each other, if they do then fair play nothing you can do about that but the season so far indicates they won't.

It's also obvious how close they all are and that's massive in any walk of life because it breeds confidence and belief.

We're right in this make no mistake.
I kind of agree with you, in as much as, we only need a small 7.6% improvement in the rate at which we've collected points so far... that's all, just 7.6% and we're home and hosed! Trouble is, Swindon are the type of team we need to be beating, and a few others besides. there are plenty of other teams in the pecking order, but we can do it, but we really do need to lay down a WINNING run. Not losing is not good enough. We need WINS and wins in succession ideally. It's successive wins that hoyk you up the table!

I don't think we'll quite make it, mainly because we're not seeing off the right teams often enough.

I missed Tuesday first home game I've missed because I've been suffering with my back for about 2 months and the pain went up a level. I'd say I've missed about 7 games home and away all season. We played well away to Swindon and Lincoln and we recently murdered mk dons home, points zero, I could highlight more but those games make my point. Last 4 games we were the better side against Cheltenham in a difficult game 3 points, we murdered Yeovil 3 points, we drew with Tranmere and were as good as them 1 point and we drew with Swindon I wasn't there but by all accounts they had the better of it second half after we lost 2 key players 1 point. So for me things have evened themselves out a bit and that's why I'm optimistic, if you're picking points up its sometimes easier to turn those performances into wins than turn defeats when you've played well into draws or victories. I also bet most people reading this think Exeter, Carlisle, Colchester, Oldham, Swindon and Stevenage can make it but if we match most of them and win our game in hand we'll finish above them. We've got nothing to lose and a great chance.

Of course theoretically we can make it and you’re glass half full and good on you Andy but having watched our last lot of games (Yeovil apart) I would say no chance - like I said I think we will end where we deserve to be which is mid table - last few sides have played us off the park style wise and we just ain’t good enough - especially since we look like a Pulis Esque team in the making - UTC

Including today the three away are to lower placed teams, the three home to higher or rivals. So, some sort of advantage. It looks like 3 points at Cambridge so 6 (cause goal diff is crap) to catch-up in 5. That is pretty tricky. Lincoln prob up when we play them so might be some bonus points there. Oldham will be the tipping point. If our season, including the cup run goes to the penultimate game and no further -then still a fantastic effort.

We started July with just Flynny and a few journeymen on the books. Prob will again this July, that's football finance these days. But they'll be a profit, a contract to play at RP and train at DP. Glory days, compared to past days.