Re: Crofts

:drunken:
supporter wrote:I love boxing so keeping to the same analogy lets wait and see what the experienced "fighter" brings to the party if he stays fit. I'll go with calmness and control.
TBH Andrew,and as much as I think he could have made a difference this season in particular if indeed he had been fit, as I'm sure he would have boosted the midfield which has proved our undoing on so many occasions to date! However I'll recoil and judge after seasons' end, particularly if he competes regularly until May and certainly moreover if we do reach the playoffs........

Obviously a good player but he’s been crocked for two seasons in a row now so it’s a no from me unless it’s a pay as you’re played deal - there is no way our club can carry injury prone players and Croft’s is that for sure right now -

He wasn't injured last season, he was fit but not getting picked by the manager after falling out of favour.

At our level with our budget we have to take risks on players, Sheehan, Labadie, Demetriou. Flynn has the rest of the season to assess the risk of extending his contract, he'll have to do a lot in a short period to justify it happening.

lowandhard wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:It seems a shame to waste all that experience. Has the Academy job gone? Could employ him there and register him as a player for an injury crisis...
Isn’t he an injury crisis?
Again .... a good shout !!! :cheers:

supporter wrote:As expected Crofts settled into the game unlucky not to score and as the game went on just found space comfortably, broke play up and played the easy ball, as I've said he has big part to play in the run in.

But this isnt about the run in's its about a new contract.

So let's get this right Pencwm your saying Croft's strategy to get a new contract was to miss most of the season and think you know what if I get myself ready and have a couple of tidy games at the end of the season they'll offer me a contract as opposed to play all season do well and get a contract that way. I would love you to enlighten everyone on your thought process on this because as I've pointed out it doesn't really make sense if you want to give yourself the best chance of getting a contract to deliberately miss most of the season.

supporter wrote:As expected Crofts settled into the game unlucky not to score and as the game went on just found space comfortably, broke play up and played the easy ball, as I've said he has big part to play in the run in.
Agree,he is an old pro with a wise head,unfortunately,he has old legs and injuries which so far,has prevented him from playing more than three games in a row.He reminds me of Hayes last season,looked good when he played but couldn't play enough.Now,if he plays all five games and/or the playoffs and stays fit and does the biz,then it would give MF food for thought.

He certainly had a good thirty minutes yesterday. However, in my eyes that just highlights the lack of contribution over the season. If plays regularly in the next five games it won't make any difference to the fact that he's still a risk for next season and, I'd say, a contract which factors in appearances should be offered.