Re: Last 5 games points needed

I love the optimism on this board but I just think it is out of our reach at the moment. It does give some meaning to the end of the season though.

One plus point that may be important - Crofts came back yesterday, his experience could prove vital. Just hope he is fit and doesn't need too much time to settle in.

taking two teams as an example (Oldham & Newport), and using every teams current projected finishing place in terms of points collected per game, we can see that the average projected finishing placing of each teams run-in opponents are as follows:

Oldham.... 9.6th
Newport....11.4th
So Newport's run-in, currently is 18.7% easier than Oldham's........ I know, just humour me! :grin:

One plus point that may be important - Crofts came back yesterday, his experience could prove vital. Just hope he is fit and doesn't need too much time to settle in.[/quote]
Croft was an unused sub away at Yeovil and home against Tranmere. He did however, come on against Swindon when, I think Labadie went off on a stretcher during the first half. Getting minutes under his belt.

Win our game in hand and we are two points behind Exeter and above all the chasing pack with four games to play. I think our chances are a bloody site better than were our chances of avoiding relegation when I last went to Cambridge two years ago.

One interesting feature. Those who say we won't make the playoffs cite our performances against Swindon and to an extent Tranmere. Two years ago our performance against Plymouth. All that matters now is the result. We have five games left. Play each game as it comes, get as many points as we can and hope.

Only my view. 8/1 against the playoffs, 40/1 against promotion.