2 x 20 goals a season

With Matt currently on 18 and only needing 2 more between now and the end of the season, would I be right in saying it would be the 1st time since the 2006/07 season and only the 2nd time since reforming that we could have 2 players hitting the net 20 times. Shows that we have a great strike-force this season.

Re: 2 x 20 goals a season

ComeOnCounty wrote:With Matt currently on 18 and only needing 2 more between now and the end of the season, would I be right in saying it would be the 1st time since the 2006/07 season and only the 2nd time since reforming that we could have 2 players hitting the net 20 times. Shows that we have a great strike-force this season.
As well as Jason Bowen scoring 20 and Craig Hughes 26, we also had 11 for Julian Alsop and 8 for Charlie Griffin.
There was also a certain Dean Holdsworth and Nathan Blake who chipped in with a few goals that season as well!

The league figures are:

Podge: 14 league goals - 7 assits - a goal every 228 minutes. (9th highest league two goalscorer)

Mat: 12 goals and 2 assits - a goal every 237 minutes (16th highest league two goalscorer)

still impressive but would be lovely to see one of them get to 20 in the league or even very near it, Podge has a chance.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:What chance do we think we have of holding onto Podge next year? I'd fully expect a Div 2 / Div 3 side to come in for him over the summer. He could easily step up one league, and the fact he's now on the fringes of the national squad as well must have drawn attention to his abilities.
I'd be surprised if he's still here. Hopefully we can offer him a bit more cash to extend his contract.

rncfc wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:What chance do we think we have of holding onto Podge next year? I'd fully expect a Div 2 / Div 3 side to come in for him over the summer. He could easily step up one league, and the fact he's now on the fringes of the national squad as well must have drawn attention to his abilities.
I'd be surprised if he's still here. Hopefully we can offer him a bit more cash to extend his contract.
Didn't we do that less than 6 months ago?

Amberexile wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Didn't we do that less than 6 months ago?