Re: ARE WE DIV 1 MATERIAL

At the moment, no we're not. Still, if we do go up, crowds will increase by 50% at least. We'd need to improve off the field too.
With four teams relegated it would be a fight from the get-go....
What it might do though, is make us more attractive to investment & sponsorship.
Staying up would be the first priority. Would be nice to give it a bash though!

Bristolexile wrote:Would it not be better to get promoted and give it a try rather than stay in the 4th tier because people keep saying we're not ready for it. At some time or other we've got to give it a try hav'nt we?.
Bottom line is only the results on the pitch will answer this question. I have no doubt that the players will be giving their all to get us there. Then we will have to 'give it a try.' Furthermore I don't doubt there would be some increase in budget if we get promotion, and several changes to the playing squad. If the question is are the current squad as they stand good enough to sty in League 1? I doubt it.

Saw a stat the other day that says the team in 7th has done better than the others in recent seasons. As you say Brendan, that does not alter the fact that we are 7th in the league. However, our recent form would take us to the top I suspect. No defeats in 11. There is no reason whatsoever why we could not continue like that.

A lot has been said about MF and his tactical nous or sometime lack of it. What he has got is something that you cannot buy, coach or learn. He has the ability to get players wanting to play for him. I suspect that it is that fact that has got us to this stage, this late in the season. No reason whatsoever why this cannot continue into next season. Cmon the County.