Re: Singing at Wembley

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Yeah, that’s what I’m suggesting. :roll: Honestly, you’re making all manner of incorrect assumptions about me and my views - again, for reasons best known to yourself.

There’s a reason why, at home games, the hardcore singers congregate together in the Hazells Terrace rather than being dispersed around the ground. Replicating that as far as is humanly possible within the confines of the restrictions imposed by Wembley surely makes sense.

Anyway, I’ll leave it there. There’s no reasoning with some people.
I tend to agree with you here, although I seem to be in the minority...

Caerleon Exile wrote:Me and my mates are going to aim for the blocks behind the goal & hope that all the miserable old farts that want to moan about standing and drums purchase earlier in the sale & in the north side of the ground :grin:

Otherwise, prepare to be stood up. Ta.
Well as long as your alright, Jack.

Good morning!

This standing or not debate I have some responsibility for starting was not designed to be the vehicle for insulting fellow fans!

I considered it a valid point to raise, as i considered some, not all, people who choose to stand in seated sections, did so with no regard to people behind them less able to stand for 90 minutes or more.This did occur on Sunday, as expected. it did not affect my enjoyment of the match at all, we had to stand throughout, we could have sought a seated view by moving to the extremes of the stand but chose not too.I was fine with this. I did apologise to the folk behind me, and they understood and were fine with it.

It is not a problem very often! For home games we choose the Hazell, and there is no problem at all, at key moments everyone stands, thats fine and isnt the issue. I have approached the whole thing with a degree of humour as i do most subjects i contribute to, but if this descends into fans getting into insult hurling its probably best just to keep quiet in future!

I dont envisage any problem at Wembley, plenty of room for all to do as they wish, i dont consider myself to be a miserable old fart, however the wife and kids might disagree!

Phil in northampton