Re: Long Distanced Exiles going to Wembley

Very rarely post on here , but read at least once a week. I am ashamed that I will not be traveling to the game —-only been to see 3 this season.
Live between Pittsburgh and Florida and booked a flight home for June . Never thought this was ever going to happen. ,!!!!!
Can I offer dinner and a beer to anyone who will be in Pittsburgh or SW Florida during the Summer holidays, (not just summer but anytime of the year) .
I get terrible homesickness especially at this time ( ex Pill / Malpas Park/ Rogerstone)
Will watch on ESPN +. They have shown all playoff games so hope they have this one .
Good luck and a great day to everyone.

Hi Pirates.

Kind invitation that. I hope some fans can take you up on it.

I'll be travelling all the way to Wembley from just south of Birmingham ( England )! :grin:

I spent much of my childhood at High Cross, Mum and Dad moved around Newport quite frequently and spent many years after I left home at Rogerstone. I try and go to the Tredegar Arms ( or more commonly the TA ) when go back home and drink a toast to them, spent many a happy hour in the TA with Dad.

Not a particular long journey in miles but long in duration due to ferry travel, expensive as well. After living my early life in Baneswell, Malpas and on Somerton Road, at thirteen my folks emigrated to England, (Bristol) which allowed easy travel (Bike via the Severn tunnel) to matches at Somerton Park. During the 60s and 70s spent most of my leaves with relatives so I could go to college and watch the county. At sea the football argus was sent to me every week so I could keep up-to-date with events, good old Willis Huntley. Don't get to many games now due to cost and age. Enjoy the game!!!

Not sure if Fishguard can be contstrued as a long distance journey for some, but it is for me. I'll be starting off at 6am, couple of stops on the way and then the Supporters bus. I think it will be at least an 18 hour day, as I can't see me getting home before midnight.

Well worth it though as it is not very often I get to see my team at Wembley. Cmon the County.

Currently in Swindon (the nearest i have been in 15 years) which is great for both home games, away games and Wembley. Parking at Denham and then a 20 min train ride will do it.

Makes a change from Cyprus, Germany, Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. Originally from High Cross.
Last edited by Mr Figo on May 20th, 2019, 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dogger wrote:Flying over from Spain for the game. In fact, since moving here 8 years ago, I will have seen County more times at Wembley than at Rodney. Watching the Charlton v Mackems on Sunday too as my Mrs is a Charlton fan. Expensive weekend!
Same as me mate, although I have slightly less distance to travel... partners family all Charlton fans so I’m dragging her along on Saturday and she’s dragging me Sunday :grin: looking like it could be a sell out as well.

Purely for selfish reasons I’m (obviously) hoping County go up but Charlton don’t just so I can watch us at the Valley next season.

Flying in from Knock in County Mayo. Third game of the season. First was Notts County. Chose that game because I was worried I might go a whole season without watching County. Notts was League ground 70. Back now to 69. (League grounds visited I hasten to add.) 8)

Second game Cambridge was a visit there which coincided for the game.

Really hoping for another stress free ninety minutes on Saturday.

Pirates wrote:Very rarely post on here , but read at least once a week. I am ashamed that I will not be traveling to the game —-only been to see 3 this season.
Live between Pittsburgh and Florida and booked a flight home for June . Never thought this was ever going to happen. ,!!!!!
Can I offer dinner and a beer to anyone who will be in Pittsburgh or SW Florida during the Summer holidays, (not just summer but anytime of the year) .
I get terrible homesickness especially at this time ( ex Pill / Malpas Park/ Rogerstone)
Will watch on ESPN +. They have shown all playoff games so hope they have this one .
Good luck and a great day to everyone.
Ah! I have family in Pittsburgh. Maybe one day I'll take you up on the offer, Pirates.