New players

We really need a midfielder next season who can score 8 to 10 goals as i felt this season we relied to much on our strikers. Who sorry to say had better start than finish to the season. If we can keep most of the players and add few quality can't see why we can't go up automatically next season. Nothing to fear just need better subs that's for sure. Get rid of dolan, kmb, azeez.

Re: New players

Countymadbell wrote:We really need a midfielder next season who can score 8 to 10 goals as i felt this season we relied to much on our strikers. Who sorry to say had better start than finish to the season. If we can keep most of the players and add few quality can't see why we can't go up automatically next season. Nothing to fear just need better subs that's for sure. Get rid of dolan, kmb, azeez.

If we play with 4 in midfield and play through it Dolan would be a good player IMO..Bennett as well as he did isnt a midfielder IMO

We're obviously going to lose a few, so let's wait and see where we go from there. We should have a few quid to spend on wages so hopefully we'll be able to attract good replacements, as gutted as I will be to see some of the older guard moving on.

neilcork68 wrote:
Countymadbell wrote:We really need a midfielder next season who can score 8 to 10 goals as i felt this season we relied to much on our strikers. Who sorry to say had better start than finish to the season. If we can keep most of the players and add few quality can't see why we can't go up automatically next season. Nothing to fear just need better subs that's for sure. Get rid of dolan, kmb, azeez.

If we play with 4 in midfield and play through it Dolan would be a good player IMO..Bennett as well as he did isnt a midfielder IMO
Scott Bennett is the ideal player for a small squad, being able to perform adequately as a holding mid-fielder and also in the heart of the defence.

Next season line up

Townsend

Wilmott

New CB
New CB
O'Brien - can't see many others coming in for him therefore may take a years extension.

New lb

Sheehan - I think will re-sign
Labadie - same
Bennett

Matt
Amond

Rest of squad
Faulston
Kennedy - will sign.
Kmb
Dolan - decent squad player
Azeez - just a quick Marlon Jackson...
New GK
New striker/loanee
New centre midfielder/loanee
New RB/rwb
Lewis Collins

Who'd I like to see..
Ryan Jackson - rb
Tom James - lb
Crystie pimm -gk
Wrexham captain Shaun Pearson.
Mark Harris on a season long loan
Sessi d'almedia
Aaron Collins... Not sure he would fit into our 532 system though.

A player who was hard done by in 2016 was Conor Wilkinson who only played 12 games and scored on his debut.
Has done excellent for The Daggers last season scoring 15 odd goals would be a great signing and a back up for Podge and Matt. Opinions.

Other strikers Michael Cheek Ebbsfleet and Scott Boden Chesterfield again have excelled in The Conference last season. These are the type of forwards we should be looking at other than Azeez (with the jury still out ) as we have no other goal threats.
Last edited by somerton moss on May 31st, 2019, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bishbashbosh wrote:Next season line up

Townsend

Wilmott

New CB
New CB
O'Brien - can't see many others coming in for him therefore may take a years extension.

New lb

Labadie - same
Bennett

Matt
Amond

Rest of squad
Faulston
Kennedy - will sign.
Kmb
New GK
New striker/loanee
New RB/rwb
Lewis Collins

Who'd I like to see..
Ryan Jackson - rb
Tom James - lb
Crystie pimm -gk
Sessi d'almedia
Sheehan & O'Brien have already re-signed

somerton moss wrote:A player who was hard done by in 2016 was Conor Wilkinson who only played 12 games and scored on his debut.
Has done excellent for The Daggers last season scoring 15 odd goals would be a great signing and a back up for Podge and Matt. Opinions.

Other strikers Michael Cheek Braintree and Scott Boden Chesterfield again have excelled in The Conference last season. These are the type of forwards we should be looking at other than Azeez (with the jury still out ) as we have no other goal threats.
Conor looked incredibly good for us to start with.Oldham and Barnsley fans were telling us what a lazy bugger he was who seemed to lose interest after a good start.He did the same in his last month for us.A very modest career since tells me he wouldn't be the answer.

newgroundrodney wrote:
bishbashbosh wrote:Next season line up

Townsend

Wilmott

New CB
New CB

New lb

Labadie - same
Bennett

Matt
Amond

Rest of squad
Faulston
Kennedy - will sign.
Kmb
New GK
New striker/loanee
New RB/rwb
Lewis Collins

Who'd I like to see..
Ryan Jackson - rb
Tom James - lb
Crystie pimm -gk
Sessi d'almedia
Sheehan & O'Brien have already re-signed

They hadn't when I posted this on Monday evening...

somerton moss wrote:A player who was hard done by in 2016 was Conor Wilkinson who only played 12 games and scored on his debut.

Other strikers Michael Cheek Ebbsfleet and Scott Boden Chesterfield again have excelled in The Conference last season. These are the type of forwards we should be looking at other than Azeez (with the jury still out ) as we have no other goal threats.
Think I’d rather take Aaron Collins back. Scored regularly at Morecambe and has more pace than our two main strikers so a different option.