Re: New player?

Cornish Exile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:According to Wiki he signed a 2yr deal with them last year after leaving Blackpool

Could be meaningless if the club is wound up later this month.

He can also become a 'free agent 'if his wages aren't paid for a certain time by his employers. I believe that Bury are a few months behind with wage payments so he is probably looking elsewhere

I wouldn't be surprised if they are already passed the point where the player can ignore any contractual obligations. Individuals may decide that waiting for the club's day in the High Court may be worth it for the sake of a few more days. Most player movement hasn't really started yet.

excessbee wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they are already passed the point where the player can ignore any contractual obligations. Individuals may decide that waiting for the club's day in the High Court may be worth it for the sake of a few more days. Most player movement hasn't really started yet.
According to the Chairman, the player's wages have been paid "incrementally" whatever that means.He blames the previous regime's overstaffing for other wages not being paid.

rdh2210 wrote:Looking at the League 1 official release list there are three that interest me:

Stuart Sinclair (ex FGR and Bristol Rovers) CM
Ben Coker (ex Southend) LB
James Collins (ex Ipswich etc) CB
Coker chose not to renew his contract at Southend so i'd imagine he's got something lined up in L1