Re: Salford FC .....

I doubt either they nor their owners care that you keep submitting yourself to watching them on tv.

Personally I haven't seen them on the box since the Play-Off Final, because it was on BT.

I haven't paid for Sky Sports since my wife left VirginMedia a couple of years ago and it went up to full price for us. They won't be on again for a while, no League Cup games to show, 3 months to the FA Cup First Round and if Sky's previous L2 coverage is anything to go by there will only be a couple more live games this season before the play-offs anyway.

I'm a little disappointed I can't watch their subscription-only documentary though, the first couple on the BBC were decent.

Reading the player profiles on their website - the most informative I've read so far this season, BTW - I would say they have the strongest squad on paper in the division.

You can see that they have a long-term plan and have brought in players they know can do a job in whichever division they will be playing in - same approach as Crawley and Fleetwood when they were bankrolled into the EFL.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Reading the player profiles on their website - the most informative I've read so far this season, BTW - I would say they have the strongest squad on paper in the division.

You can see that they have a long-term plan and have brought in players they know can do a job in whichever division they will be playing in - same approach as Crawley and Fleetwood when they were bankrolled into the EFL.
Do you think it's the same approach as Newport County when we were bankrolled into the EFL?

Also watching the Salford game last night how do you think Salford, and for that matter Crawley and Fleetwood managed to afford stadiums which are not only superior to Rodney Parade but in which those three clubs mentioned have a proper stake?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Reading the player profiles on their website - the most informative I've read so far this season, BTW - I would say they have the strongest squad on paper in the division.

Do you think it's the same approach as Newport County when we were bankrolled into the EFL?

Also watching the Salford game last night how do you think Salford, and for that matter Crawley and Fleetwood managed to afford stadiums which are not only superior to Rodney Parade but in which those three clubs mentioned have a proper stake?
Salford - paid for by billionaire owner.

Fleetwood - paid for by multi-millionaire owner.

Crawley - owned by the local council.

The pattern appears to be that most clubs either secure the support of their council, or seek private investment.

Corpaboy wrote:I'm SICK to the back teeth of seeing them on TV now !
And to think one of their owners is our National Coach ??
I'm sure the Welsh national coach has your feelings to the forefront of his mind. And if so wanting to make you sick will have only added to his sense of worth.

Perhaps though you're sick from too many sandwiches? 8)

I don't think we are necessarily comparing like with like. We had a brief windfall from a pot of money that was not going to be topped up. That's not comparable with a Far East billionaire getting involved and able to bask in the glory of being in partnership with the Class of 92.

I didn't know Crawley were now owned by the council, but certainly their finances were unclear at the time they rose into the EFL. My recollection is the people running the club day-to-day were happy to disclose the source of finance to the authorities, but wanted it kept private.

Fleetwood are more like Forest Green in that their owner runs a business which provides a continuous source of funding, I believe he deals in energy futures. And his business is based at the stadium. Of course both these could be in jeopardy if the businesses either fail or do so well that someone makes an offer they can't refuse but doesn't share their enthusiasm for football.

And credit to both those and Salford for investing in bricks and mortar as well as the team.

Just cannot understand the problem contributors have with other clubs success.
We rely on cup runs to keep us afloat, without the last 2 runs we would be well and truly struggling and even with them we have a tight budget.
Les gave us very little compared to his fortune but had the glory albeit for a short period.
Without the Vegan millionaire FGR would never have got league status or even have been in the Nationwide.
Thankfully we have a ground to play in, for how long?
Its a piece of string

rncfc wrote:

The pattern appears to be that most clubs either secure the support of their council, or seek private investment.
Fleetwood paid for by a billionaire owner?

Highbury stadium Fleetwood is owned by the local council. Please if you are going to take part in discussions please don't just make up the facts. Not only does it make you look stupid. Now there's a good boy go do your research and tell me the name of Salford City's billionaire owner. Little clue to help you Salford City does not have a billionaire owner.

As Bart Simpson would say, "Eat my shorts, sucker."

George Street-Bridge wrote:I don't think we are necessarily comparing like with like. We had a brief windfall from a pot of money that was not going to be topped up. That's not comparable with a Far East billionaire getting involved and able to bask in the glory of being in partnership with the Class of 92.

I didn't know Crawley were now owned by the council, but certainly their finances were unclear at the time they rose into the EFL. My recollection is the people running the club day-to-day were happy to disclose the source of finance to the authorities, but wanted it kept private.

Fleetwood are more like Forest Green in that their owner runs a business which provides a continuous source of funding, I believe he deals in energy futures. And his business is based at the stadium. Of course both these could be in jeopardy if the businesses either fail or do so well that someone makes an offer they can't refuse but doesn't share their enthusiasm for football.

And credit to both those and Salford for investing in bricks and mortar as well as the team.
As you know George both Fleetwood and Crawley use council owned stadia. Salford certainly work closely with the local council, I'm not quite sure whether prior to it's renovation in 2016 Salford or the city council owned the stadium. Now I appreciate there is a debate to be had over ownership, I favour fans ownership over the so called investor, as you say private investors leave the club in jeopardy if their business fail or as you don't say they get bored.

However for a club of our size, input from the local authority seems vital, if you agree with that how would you address our less than perfect history with the council?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Fleetwood paid for by a billionaire owner?

Highbury stadium Fleetwood is owned by the local council. Please if you are going to take part in discussions please don't just make up the facts. Not only does it make you look stupid. Now there's a good boy go do your research and tell me the name of Salford City's billionaire owner. Little clue to help you Salford City does not have a billionaire owner.

As Bart Simpson would say, "Eat my shorts, sucker."
Andy Pilley has bankrolled Fleetwood for years. Highbury Stadium is home to a significant number of staff working for his non-footballing interested companies. Either directly or indirectly, he has paid for the ground improvements.

Either way however, neither of them are trust owned.

And finally, if you already knew the answer, why are you asking the question you attention-seeking whore?