Re: West Ham attendance

Newport_Newbie wrote:Wonder what the attendance will be for West Ham? Tuesday or Wednesday night against effectively West Ham reserves. Also the league cup doesn’t have the same appeal as the FA Cup. I’d say about 4500 including away following.
So that'll be County reserves v West Ham reserves then.

Tbh it doesn't matter what side West Ham put out, the appeal for attending the game is seeing a possible cup upset. And the attendance should be reasonable purely on that possibility...

amberbhoy wrote:We haven't got a reserve side just a very decent squad competing for places
I get your point and when was the last time we could say that? It bodes well for this season. However, with 9 changes for Gillingham and doing very well, it suggests we almost have a B team waiting in the wings. Brilliant.

They won't play their first team, and a team full of overseas fringe players will unlikely be prepared for what we have to offer. I'd say the game will be close, we'll probably lose by a goal or two, but you wouldn't be massively surprised if we caused yet another upset.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:West Ham have two chances of a trophy this season, the FA and the CarlingCocaColaWorthingtonwhateverIt’scalled Cup.
They’ll certainly rotate their squad but it will still be a strong side they put out.
I agree.

Man City and Spurs put out a strong side. Leicester didn't.
Spurs put out a strong side and any side put out by Man City would be strong. As for Leicester I thought their side was reasonably strong considering they haven't the strength in depth of Spurs and Man City.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:West Ham have two chances of a trophy this season, the FA and the CarlingCocaColaWorthingtonwhateverIt’scalled Cup.
They’ll certainly rotate their squad but it will still be a strong side they put out.
I agree.

Leicester did. They had 5 Premier League winners and many multi million pound players in the starting line up.
Granted the starting team had ‘only’ 4 of the previous games starting XI but that team SHOULD still have had enough to turn us over.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I agree.

Leicester did. They had 5 Premier League winners and many multi million pound players in the starting line up.
Granted the starting team had ‘only’ 4 of the previous games starting XI but that team SHOULD still have had enough to turn us over.
Absolutely