Macclesfield

Have parted company with Sol Campbell. I suppose he wants some guarantee that there will be a regular pay cheque coming through. Also, after a relatively 'successful' outcome last year, perhaps he feels another offer of work won't be long coming.

Re: Macclesfield

I don't many could blame him if the club hasn't been paying him or his players properly for months.

Someone in League 1 or 2 will probably sack their Manager within the next few weeks and Campbell would be a decent candidate for any job at either level based on what he achieved in 8 months under the circumstances he had to operate.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:Considering the poor start to the season Macclesfield had, Campbell did a creditable job keeping them up. The decision to part ways has been described as ‘mutual’. Seems somewhat unlikely.
It's like when your girlfriend dumps you. She tells you it's over and you have no option but to agree.

Not that I've ever been dumped of course. And if you believe that you'll believe anything. :grin:

Having had the pleasure of our directors' company at Macclesfield last season, I wonder what the Macclesfield owners will do without use of the 10 or so pictures of Sol Campbell which had bizarrely sprung up which were propped against the walls in their directors' catering area (I hesitate to say Boardroom, I think that was across the room).

That guy has some ego.