Re: West Ham on Sky

The fact it's televised will clobber the attendance as much as being midweek and it probably raining (only in Newport, 30 degrees everywhere else). West Ham will sell out their bit no matter what, as it's a new ground for them and they've got a few fans dotted about in case the usual away attendees don't bother.

I'm going for the low end of my previous 5500-6000.

SJG99 wrote:The fact it's televised will clobber the attendance as much as being midweek and it probably raining (only in Newport, 30 degrees everywhere else). West Ham will sell out their bit no matter what, as it's a new ground for them and they've got a few fans dotted about in case the usual away attendees don't bother.

I'm going for the low end of my previous 5500-6000.
I don't disagree with that. What might increase the gate is if tickets are available on the night. Does anyone know if they are?

Corpaboy wrote:West Ham sold their 1,030 allocation .
We've sold about 2,000 before General Sale starts today .
I'd say 6k tops
For me being able to watch the game live is great. But there is nothing like the atmosphere of a big cup tie played at night. That is being lost and for many young supporters it is something they will never know. Which is a great pity.