Club Kit

Afternoon All

Just had a very nice response to my enquiry on club kit.

The official colour of Countys home kit is Black Shorts.

Ultimately it is Flynnys decision whether he plays in black or yellow so it could be either.

Again like Colins reply previously its very much appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Club Kit

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Afternoon All

Ultimately it is Flynnys decision whether he plays in black or yellow so it could be either.

Cheers
Yellow????

UppaPort wrote:

Cheers
Yellow????
Been described on here in quite a few variations amber/ yellow/ even orangy.
Anyway its the current club home tops I am describing.

Thank You

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UppaPort wrote:

Cheers
Yellow????
Been described on here in quite a few variations amber/ yellow/ even orangy.
Anyway its the current club home tops I am describing.

Thank You
Ah right, I’ve just read the thread about the kit. Sorry about that, Frank

Cheers
I wish you'd drop your insistence that the home kit is yellow. That is your opinion. Other people feel that it is sufficiently down the spectrum between yellow and orange to qualify as amber. There is no "correct" answer.

Wattsville

Seriously as you state "There is no correct answer" tell me then what should we call it.
Answers on a postcard.
Sorry but to my eyes it still looks more yellow than amber.
Its got to have a description presume from the Manf's.
I have no idea but its not Amber.
Maybe Percy or somebody more qualified than myself can give an exact description of our kits actual colour.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Wattsville

Seriously as you state "There is no correct answer" tell me then what should we call it.
Answers on a postcard.
Maybe Percy or somebody more qualified than myself can give an exact description of our kits actual colour.
Have you considered having your eyesight checked? You appear to be the only one that sees yellow. The colour seems to change slightly from year to year and I would admit that the shorts are a lighter hue than the shirt but they still fall within the amber spectrum...

wattsville_boy wrote:

Answers on a postcard.
Have you considered having your eyesight checked? You appear to be the only one that sees yellow. The colour seems to change slightly from year to year and I would admit that the shorts are a lighter hue than the shirt but they still fall within the amber spectrum...
If you look back at posts a number of contributors have called the kit yellow.
I do wear glasses but it is more yellow than what I call County Amber that we are used too imo
For instance the bands around this site, to me that's amber. Our kit is nothing like that again imo
Maybe the imogees on the side is a good match and they are yellow.

Answers on a postcard.
I have stood next to fans with the new replica on and I would say it is Amber.I am also a decorator so I deal with colour schemes and cards with customers and if they wanted yellow then that is different to our kit.However,the two colours are part of the same hue and kit suppliers used to offer me anything from bright yellow to bright orange as being Amber,so I can see the confusion.The problem the club has is,the Amber shorts weren't intended to be the first kit so not enough care was taken to match them.In my day,I would ask the kit supplier to use the same material for the shirts and shorts to get a perfect match,this I got with the Tom Witton home and Empress away but sometimes they don't listen and they don't match.Our new shorts are a different material and design which shows up the shade difference.

UppaPort wrote:

Cheers
Yellow????
Yeah, apparently we have a legion of people who can't tell colours apart on here. We've NEVER played in yellow to my knowledge. Amber, obviously, tangerine, orange even. Not yellow. :roll:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:What an odd time to bring this up after such an enjoyable afternoon.
Oi oi, it's the "what other people are allowed to post on the <not your> forum" police again. :roll:

Twice this week, you're getting quite the reputation.

Percy plunkett wrote:

Answers on a postcard.
I have stood next to fans with the new replica on and I would say it is Amber.I am also a decorator so I deal with colour schemes and cards with customers and if they wanted yellow then that is different to our kit.However,the two colours are part of the same hue and kit suppliers used to offer me anything from bright yellow to bright orange as being Amber,so I can see the confusion.The problem the club has is,the Amber shorts weren't intended to be the first kit so not enough care was taken to match them.In my day,I would ask the kit supplier to use the same material for the shirts and shorts to get a perfect match,this I got with the Tom Witton home and Empress away but sometimes they don't listen and they don't match.Our new shorts are a different material and design which shows up the shade difference.
The shorts are the same colour as the unprinted parts of the home kit.

As I own both I've been looking at them very closely, albeit mostly to determine why anyone (let alone FBT) would think they were "yellow". They're very definitely a good solid amber, with a bit of slightly darker amber in the pattern, which goes darker when wet, as you'd expect.

PS yay, we won, I'm so excited. <- this sentence brought to you in case the self-appointed posting police get uppity again. :lol: