Re: RWC

Interesting that Wales have developed the knack over the last year of winning tight games, whereas in previous years they were consistently losing those games, especially to the Aussies. Despite the intense physicality, and often brutality of the game, in such matches it is inevitably the smarter team that triumphs. The one that is able under pressure to make the correct decisions most often.

Particularly amused by the pitiful whinging of the Aussie players, coaches and media. Their inability to accept being beaten by the better team on the day, and blaming everyone and everything except themselves I find rather child like, and reminiscent of those League 2 mangers whose team have just been beaten by the County.

Fiji next.10:45a.m. 9th Oct. Not too early for a beer is it? A talented, yet unpredictable side. More smart decision making will be required to triumph, but I'm quietly optimistic.

Madhatter wrote:Nail biting finish to a great game.
Only downside was I had no Rev James beer in the house to celebrate with.
Will be remedied before the Fiji game.

I will keep 'singing its praises' until I convert you all , get some RHYMNEY BITTER and / or DARK into you.......Hard to get hold of it.....only via their main shop in Blaenavon I believe but its worth the effort....Best Beer I have had for a long time

penycwm county wrote:It's a bit odd watching at this time in the morning !
Yeah, same here. It's certainly not a time I choose to sit with a beer shouting at my telly.

A colleague (Swans season ticket holder) was telling me the police had shifted the Swansea v Cardiff game to a Sunday at noon to avoid having loads of boozed up fans looking for a ruck.

Unfortunately this may backfire as they've moved it to an hour or so after the end of the Rugby World Cup semi-finals.

JonD wrote:
penycwm county wrote:It's a bit odd watching at this time in the morning !
Yeah, same here. It's certainly not a time I choose to sit with a beer shouting at my telly.

A colleague (Swans season ticket holder) was telling me the police had shifted the Swansea v Cardiff game to a Sunday at noon to avoid having loads of boozed up fans looking for a ruck.

Unfortunately this may backfire as they've moved it to an hour or so after the end of the Rugby World Cup semi-finals.

Cant see many Welsh wanting to watch a semi final Wales wont be in :wink: :lol:

mad norm wrote:Gotta feel sorry for all fans who have tickets to matches and have flown many a mile ,just to be told it's off...must say alternative venues should have been considered..Any thoughts?
Absolutely, I'm disgusted at World rugby for making no attempt to reschedule the cancelled games. Feel extremely sorry for those supporters you have mentioned. Even a 48hour delay to allow the Typhoon to pass would still have given teams a reasonable time to recover before the quarter finals. Now at least 3 teams England, France and New Zealand will have played a game less than their next opponents, a clear advantage given the attrition rate of the games. I Think Perisse (Italian) had it spot on when he said 'if NZ needed the points to go through, instead of Italy, I'm sure the game would have been rescheduled.' This episode has spoilt and tarnished the competition for me.

Nevertheless da iawn Cymru for beating Fiji. Another example of the teams fortitude and decision making, beating a team with a bigger stronger and quicker back division. Pob Lwc against France...…….presuming of course we beat Uruguay.

JonD wrote:JPN-SCO was a blinking marvellous game.
Yes indeed. So enjoyable watching Japan kicking the ball less than most other teams, getting the ball in and out of the scrum quickly, and relying on their passing and handling skills to play the game at pace. How believe the game should be played.