Re: Mike you need to say no straitaway

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I agree, MF should not be expected to answer any Qs about his potential departure plus nor should we ask him any Q's, beyond an assurance that the Board have Plan B in hand should he leave.

His loyalty has been unswerving and his ambition high, you wouldn't expect your Boss or shareholders to ask you if you were committed to your employer for the next 3-5years do no difference.

Leave the man alone and enjoy him while we can.
You can quite fairly ask Michael Flynn do you intend to honour your contract? It would not be a fair question had Michael Flynn not clearly demonstrated last month that the answer to that question was at best 'not necessarily'.

I don't blame Flynn, he is looking after his own best interests. But Newport County can't be seen to be a cuckolded insipid husband. And frankly right now we do.

supporter wrote:We've lost one game all season, Macclesfield away was a point gained not 2 points dropped. Exeter lost at home last weekend their manager said no straight away, their run has come to an end.
You are wrong. So is Frank. We will never know what would have happened at Northampton had Flynn not been in talks with Lincoln. All that can be said is that it probably didn't help.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I agree, MF should not be expected to answer any Qs about his potential departure plus nor should we ask him any Q's, beyond an assurance that the Board have Plan B in hand should he leave.

His loyalty has been unswerving and his ambition high, you wouldn't expect your Boss or shareholders to ask you if you were committed to your employer for the next 3-5years do no difference.

You can quite fairly ask Michael Flynn do you intend to honour your contract? It would not be a fair question had Michael Flynn not clearly demonstrated last month that the answer to that question was at best 'not necessarily'.

I don't blame Flynn, he is looking after his own best interests. But Newport County can't be seen to be a cuckolded insipid husband. And frankly right now we do.
I’m with Stan on this one, it’s a fair question but sadly I think I already know the answer. To paraphrase Sir Thomas Moore “ if you’d been promised the Leeds job fair enough but to betray me for Lincoln.....”. It’s not worth asking the question , we already know.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
supporter wrote:We've lost one game all season, Macclesfield away was a point gained not 2 points dropped. Exeter lost at home last weekend their manager said no straight away, their run has come to an end.
You are wrong. So is Frank. We will never know what would have happened at Northampton had Flynn not been in talks with Lincoln. All that can be said is that it probably didn't help.
Fair point Stan.

Your last 3 words are spot on.

Cheers

This

Im a trade unionist and if one of my members was constantly being asked if he/she was looking for work elsewhere I would say that was harassment and how are they to carry out thier duties under that pressure

Leave the man alone hes doing a fantastic job for us

old ironside wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Sorry disagree why should Flynny have to comment on every job that comes up that's ridiculous
No uptheport not every job just the ones he is strongly linked with. Then the continuity remains .
Who decides which ones hes strongly linked with :?: Twitface the messageboard the bookies the press

No its ridiculous every L1 Championship job hes in the betting stright away

Thanks Stan you've confirmed I am right. We won't know what impact this had on the Northampton performance, just as I illustrated we don't know if Exeter had a delayed reaction, one thing I do know is if Exeter lose to Crewe saturday and we win then they would've lost more games this season than us. First interview since he took over I don't think we can question his commitment or loyalty, he went for interview he took a short time to make his decision and he stayed, it happens all the time in football.

I would suspect now that he has turned down Lincoln that he is with us for this season. If we win promotion I expect him to start next season here. If we don't make it up this season then I would expect him to take any reasonable offer from a side higher up the pyramid or with greater resources.

Unless you have someone within the ranks I'm not sure how you can plan for a replacement other than see who is available at the time it happens.

UPTHEPORT wrote:

This

Im a trade unionist and if one of my members was constantly being asked if he/she was looking for work elsewhere I would say that was harassment and how are they to carry out thier duties under that pressure

Leave the man alone hes doing a fantastic job for us
I was always a trade union man myself. The point I think you miss is that Mike Flynn is on a really good salary and has a contract which if we were to breach he can enforce. It has become common knowledge that he has interviewed for jobs with our rivals. No problem with that but he can hardly complain that his employer asking him now to commit for the rest of his contract is harassment.