Re: Wilfried Bony

It's a peculiar dilemma, isn't it? No one quite knows how old he is, not how resilient his body is. He's not played many games over the past four or five years so we don't even know any longer how good he is, yet somehow signing for Newport is not in the equation presumably because it will be perceived as damaging his brand.

In a year's time I doubt he will even have a brand.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:FFS all good fun.
We can afford £30 K a week no probs
You really haven't a clue the man hasn't got a club offer him 2k a week short deal
I agree with you jim! 2k a week is better than sfa plus he gets himself match fit, the same goes for ledley.

Problem is we’ve already been told we’re right up to our limit, not sure we’ve got £2k a week to be able to pay out.
Besides, if Bony is in talks with other, much higher clubs than us, why would he risk injury and losing out on a potentially large signing on fee and wage playing LG 2 football for £1k/2k a week?

Apologies if wrong but once he signed for us and played he couldn't then move on until the next transfer window.
The money talked about would be peanuts to him.
Its just not going to happen.
Regarding who would be dropped like Exile said any of them.

A friend of mine who is a Swansea fan told me bony is well into his 30s, so without a club and a free agent he can sign for anyone at any time yet he's still training with us which tells me no so called top clubs want him, we are into the third month of the season if a club wanted him he would have signed for them by now.

thewonderstuff wrote:Joe Ledley is training with us too.
If we were going for a free agent I'd much rather go for Joe Ledley .With Labadie and Sheehan nearing suspension he would be ideal to stiffen up our midfield.Unfortunately I think he also is out of our price range.