Re: Cheltenham - Postponed fixture

UPTHEPORT wrote:My opinion is it should be the same as in cricket if you're players are called up its tough just get on with it
Big clubs aren't going to stand for that, it increases the chance of compromising their playing assets. I actually like the way it works - FIFA (and UEFA) have defended the value of their international competitions, there are different rules for friendlies and especially non-official date friendlies (where leagues take priority) - plus whilst releasing the players is compulsory, postponing the fixtures is at the club's discretion.

So if we were home to Scunthorpe instead of away to Cheltenham there'd be a lot more doubt whether postponing was the best option. Apart from anything, matchday income drops off loads for midweek games.

SJG99 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:My opinion is it should be the same as in cricket if you're players are called up its tough just get on with it
Big clubs aren't going to stand for that, it increases the chance of compromising their playing assets. I actually like the way it works - FIFA (and UEFA) have defended the value of their international competitions, there are different rules for friendlies and especially non-official date friendlies (where leagues take priority) - plus whilst releasing the players is compulsory, postponing the fixtures is at the club's discretion.

So if we were home to Scunthorpe instead of away to Cheltenham there'd be a lot more doubt whether postponing was the best option. Apart from anything, matchday income drops off loads for midweek games.
Although when you're away team I don't suppose that the lower crowd/income is really that much of a concern.

IMO its b loody ridiculous that we have been allowed to get the game postponed because of 'International call ups'.........1 first team player , 1 kid who has not featured for us apart from a mickey mouse cup and a player who has been 'frozen out ' by the manager and not played 1 second of league football this season even though he is 'fit ' to do so.
I dont blame Cheltenham fans being peed off with us and questioning the way the club has gone about it ( even though we have broken no rules in doing so )

neilcork68 wrote:IMO its b loody ridiculous that we have been allowed to get the game postponed because of 'International call ups'.........1 first team player , 1 kid who has not featured for us apart from a mickey mouse cup and a player who has been 'frozen out ' by the manager and not played 1 second of league football this season even though he is 'fit ' to do so.
I dont blame Cheltenham fans being peed off with us and questioning the way the club has gone about it ( even though we have broken no rules in doing so )
Boxing day about forty years ago we were home to Reading. At the time Reading had an injury crisis. There was a morning kickoff but an overnight deluge meant the pitch wasn't ready for an 11 O'Clock kickoff. County suggested that the game could start at 1 O'Clock. Reading were on the bus and away quicker than rat up a drainpipe.

I agree about Cheltenham being p1ssed about this but they would do it to us.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:IMO its b loody ridiculous that we have been allowed to get the game postponed because of 'International call ups'.........1 first team player , 1 kid who has not featured for us apart from a mickey mouse cup and a player who has been 'frozen out ' by the manager and not played 1 second of league football this season even though he is 'fit ' to do so.
Boxing day about forty years ago we were home to Reading. At the time Reading had an injury crisis. There was a morning kickoff but an overnight deluge meant the pitch wasn't ready for an 11 O'Clock kickoff. County suggested that the game could start at 1 O'Clock. Reading were on the bus and away quicker than rat up a drainpipe.

Quite right, if we’re allowed to call it off then we’re doing nothing wrong . They no doubt, would do the same if it was advantageous to them. Just a pity some had made arrangements already and bought their tickets when it may be that they can’t make the re-arranged fixture.

Unless its compulsory its a total joke calling it off for 1 player.
Plus labs getting fit

We could quite possibly when the game is re arranged have more players injured.

Hope not but imagine Ryan & Josh were injured at that time, just as bad if not worse than McNamarra and Labs.

Plus a fair few supporters have been inconvenienced and possibly cannot make a midweek game.

Very silly to call it off imo plus we are on a roll currently.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

100% ... our manager has made the decision, one which he was perfectly entitled to do, and if it was the other way round they would definitely have done the same.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

Although when you're away team I don't suppose that the lower crowd/income is really that much of a concern.
Indeed, might have been a different story if we were at home.