"Fake" Newport County 70s shirt

Looking for a bit of advice.

I bought this 70s shirt on Ebay and wondered whether anyone has had any dealings with this guy

Vandelay Vintage
Alun Dodd
Coity
Bridgend

Here's the shirt link
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Adi ... 7675.l2557

I have my reservations about the shirt being genuine so thought I'd ask here first for some observations before reporting it.

The Adidas label (last photo) made me wonder straight away as it actually looks new.

Beefy

Re: "Fake" Newport County 70s shirt

It's absolutely a fake (the badge embroidery looks brand new and all the adidas shirts of that era have a fine micro-weave rather than a flat "cotton" look). Plus it's the wrong colour - the County shirts with the County badge on from that era (1978-81ish) were amber, not tangerine. I just bought one (original) myself, the colour has suffered a bit over time.

The 1977-ish tangerine shirts only had the adidas logo and no club badge, and were also a more shiny polyester material (without a weave pattern, just plain and shiny and no club badge).

Also a terrible fake is the one with the messed up cheap looking Argus font on the front of it that's also on eBay and definitely not made by Spall or worn circa 1987/88.
Last edited by SJG99 on October 15th, 2019, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: "Fake" Newport County 70s shirt

bignbeefy wrote:Looking for a bit of advice.

I bought this 70s shirt on Ebay and wondered whether anyone has had any dealings with this guy

Vandelay Vintage
Alun Dodd
Coity
Bridgend

Here's the shirt link
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Adi ... 7675.l2557

I have my reservations about the shirt being genuine so thought I'd ask here first for some observations before reporting it.

The Adidas label (last photo) made me wonder straight away as it actually looks new.

Beefy
I've seen a number of shirts he's sold and even bought one myself, all fake.