Re: Joe Ledley

ref23 wrote:
excessbee wrote:My view on rumours? ....... Ignore them.
The guy who is posting this one has been right on multiple rumours in the past. Notorious for getting them right.
He's a real strong source is HP - always bang on the money, don't see why anything should be different this time?

Would be a great signing in my opinion we are short on really good midfielders and if he plays anywhere near his potential would be very good in this division. A midfield of Labadie Sheehan and Ledley would be one of the best in division 2 hope this rumour is true could take us to another level.

Derby let him go in January and he hasn't played since so obviously he had a injury otherwise someone would have snapped him up.Can see the logic of a short contract for both,if he is crocked then we are not tied to a contract,if he gets back to his old self then,Cardiff or Swansea will give him Championship football.

George Street-Bridge wrote:It sounds like a Catch-22, as Collins would be - he probably needs a regular 90 minutes to get fit, but he'd need to start ahead of Sheehan or Labadie.

Since Crofts I'm wary of ageing ex-internationals generally.
Couldn't agree more. Seen enough of one last pay day players.

Flynn has stated he's looking to sign an out of contract player to strengthen the team. Ledley is an out of contract player, Welsh, 32 and was reportedly at the Scunthorpe game Saturday.

I am not saying that he will sign but I think this rumour may have a certain substance.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Flynn has stated he's looking to sign an out of contract player to strengthen the team. Ledley is an out of contract player, Welsh, 32 and was reportedly at the Scunthorpe game Saturday.

I am not saying that he will sign but I think this rumour may have a certain substance.
Think that is spot on.
Far prefer to Collins as well.
Especially as Labs (injuries plus him and Josh on possible likely suspensions)
Matty/ Ledley - No comparison.