Re: Joe Ledley

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: There is always the risk he will breakdown either in training or in a game. His problem is that Cardiff City who have perhaps the greatest insight into this have expressed that they're not interested.
That's it in two sentences.
I’m not at all disappointed in truth because I don’t think it’s wise spending money on older players last wage type deals when , at least for us, they have seldom worked out well. I’d rather spend it on a younger player seeking to make his mark on the world.

Re: Joe Ledley

lowandhard wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: There is always the risk he will breakdown either in training or in a game. His problem is that Cardiff City who have perhaps the greatest insight into this have expressed that they're not interested.
That's it in two sentences.
I’m not at all disappointed in truth because I don’t think it’s wise spending money on older players last wage type deals when , at least for us, they have seldom worked out well. I’d rather spend it on a younger player seeking to make his mark on the world.
My view is that you should only sign a player if you are convinced he can do a job for you. As such you should not rule out older players. Where I think we have gone wrong in the past is by signing older players on reputation. Get it right, as Derby did with Dave McKay in the 70's and the world's your lobster.