Re: Brexit.

penycwm county wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I'm so glad this isn't being dragged out to long
What happened to Boris's statement of "dying in a ditch"
Probably in the same place as Corbys comment that he will support an election when 'no deal Brexit' is off the table.

To be honest, most of the politicians are a waste of space at the moment, all out for their own ends, not what is best for the country. Up until recently I thought Parliament was doing a good job of reigning in a scabby government, now I just wish they would make their mind up. We appear to be the laughing stock of the world. This parliament has run out of steam and credibility. Time to end it.

If he said he’d rather die in a ditch than ask for an extension why didn’t he do that?
Now clearly he’s not going to actually do it, but that’s the problem. The language that he uses for most situations is wholly inappropriate. Especially for somebody who is prime minister. He’s made a promise that was out of his hands whether he could keep, in order to get the job. Other candidates to replace May refused to make the commitment to leave as they knew that despite what they wanted, they may not be able to honour that commitment. He says whatever he needs to say in any given situation in order to get what he wants so he can’t be trusted, and that’s the bottom line.

C'mon A 'Porrrrt wrote:If he said he’d rather die in a ditch than ask for an extension why didn’t he do that?
Now clearly he’s not going to actually do it, but that’s the problem. The language that he uses for most situations is wholly inappropriate. Especially for somebody who is prime minister. He’s made a promise that was out of his hands whether he could keep, in order to get the job. Other candidates to replace May refused to make the commitment to leave as they knew that despite what they wanted, they may not be able to honour that commitment. He says whatever he needs to say in any given situation in order to get what he wants so he can’t be trusted, and that’s the bottom line.
You think? :grin:

C'mon A 'Porrrrt wrote:A lot of people seem to be swallowing his bullshit. Have you seen the opinion polls?
The one hope I have for you all is this. The opinion polls have Johnson ahead but only because the anti Johnson vote is split. If those who vote Liberal and Labour divide the anti Tory vote then it might end up with a Tory Landslide. However if those who normally vote Liberal vote Labour in ipswich and if those who normally vote Labour in Uxbridge vote Liberal then the Conservative party might be reduced to a rump.

And that would give me more joy than yesterday's Rugby result!!!!!!!

For what it is worth, I suspect that there will be a minority government. The Tories will win but without an overall majority. As you were, so to speak. Different MP’s, same situation. Chaos ensues. Another election in 6 months, Brexit on hold again.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Speaking as someone that voted remain and a labour party member the labour party has lost touch with its core support the majority of whom voted leave

They are going to lose a lot of votes
As I predicted and I actually wrote to Corbyn as we you ignore your support you look out

UPTHEPORT wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Speaking as someone that voted remain and a labour party member the labour party has lost touch with its core support the majority of whom voted leave

They are going to lose a lot of votes
As I predicted and I actually wrote to Corbyn as we you ignore your support you look out
Which is a fair point. However what do you suggest a member of Parliament does if s/he is aware that his/her constituents support a policy which the MP believes would be disastrous for the constituents?