Re: The Most Average Newport County Players

Coxy wrote:Colin Sinclair...A striker we signed in the late 70s. He'd done okay previously for Darlington but don't recall him doing much for us. Not sure whatever happened to him.....
Will look him up on wiki after posting this...Cheers
Coxy.

You got that wrong.

He wasn't average he was hopeless.

Would make my worst County side ever. :lol:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Colin Sinclair...A striker we signed in the late 70s. He'd done okay previously for Darlington but don't recall him doing much for us. Not sure whatever happened to him.....
Will look him up on wiki after posting this...Cheers
Coxy.

You got that wrong.

He wasn't average he was hopeless.

Would make my worst County side ever. :lol:
Yep, checked him out on wiki and perhaps he liked his beer more than his footy.

pembsexile wrote:The tank. Lee Minshull. Very strong and good at our level. Can't really say that he should have played in a higher league and I think he dropped into lower leagues after he left us. I enjoyed watching him and he always did a shift. Not the most talented of players but very strong. One of the best 'average' County players I have seen. No idea where he is now.
I loved Minshull, what an absolute unit that guy was.

njbh86 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:The tank. Lee Minshull. Very strong and good at our level. Can't really say that he should have played in a higher league and I think he dropped into lower leagues after he left us. I enjoyed watching him and he always did a shift. Not the most talented of players but very strong. One of the best 'average' County players I have seen. No idea where he is now.
I loved Minshull, what an absolute unit that guy was.
He went part time so that he could go back to being a Quantity Surveyor. I still keep an eye out for him on twitter

neilcork68 wrote:
Special branch wrote:Steve Warriner

When he was at Liverpool they rated him as one of the best youngsters they had ever had ( that was according to an article in the Match Of The Day Annual 1976 that I found in my attic and was reading a few weeks ago )
The scousers said that about Tommy Tynan as well. Unfortunately he just didn’t have the pace to go with it. Their loss, our gain.