Salford City Club Statement

Salford City Football Club is disappointed with the behaviour of some individuals in the away section of the ground at Newport County AFC on Saturday.

Firstly we would like to apologise to Newport County FC and their stewards, particularly those who may have been harmed and we wish them a full and speedy recovery.

The club are cooperating fully with Newport and the Police to bring those responsible to account.

We would like to remind all supporters of the Supporter Code of Conduct, and we will make sure that any further breaches will be dealt with accordingly.

Re: Salford City Club Statement

At half time, under the Bisley, a chant came over the dividing partition, and I quote, “ I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Newport's a sh*thole, I wanna go home.”
Now, I know we've all heard that particular anthem before, but to hear it from Salford fans astounded me on so many levels. I mean have you ever had the unfortunate experience of going to Salford? And Newport is a 'sh*thole?
I would like to state to everyone, as someone who grew up in Manchester, that Newport, in comparison to that bastion of northern ignorance, is a veritable Henley-on Thames darling. It is Esher and Godalming combined when it comes to sh*thole comparison.
In short, it is a horrible place to venture from. But they do of course, contaminating the rest of the league as they go – all three bus loads of 'em. So dedicated are they to spread their bile that a whole 148 ventured outside their otherwise safe hovels.
Honestly, I've seen more County supporters on a wet field in Caldicot on a rainy January afternoon than that dissembled shower of human detritus could muster, for what for them, was a relatively important match.
As for the intracranially-challenged moron who decided to self invade the pitch when Salford scored I hope he gets the punishment that the shameless deserve. I won't hold my breath.
Apologies that my rant is so long.

They were an odd mix. On the one hand they never stopped making a noise but equally some of them spent the entire 90 minutes offering the nearby County fans out/flicking V-signs, pausing briefly to celebrate their goals plus penalty miss. This included one lady. They didn't give a very good impression of their city.

The other thing that struck me, and maybe it was because we were losing, but they were the first set of away fans I can remember not to receive applause when the attendance was announced.

Edit: Salford Quays is alright.

Am amazed nobody seems to have seen the Video on Facebook.
JonD is being polite.
The lady (slag) is shown firstly V signing both hands at the Stewards and County fans across from her.
She then goes into simulated sex movements laughing all the time.
Finishing with slashing knife movements across her throat.
Guess in her twenties.
Somebodies daughter :roll:

papajohn wrote:At half time, under the Bisley, a chant came over the dividing partition, and I quote, “ I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Newport's a sh*thole, I wanna go home.”
Now, I know we've all heard that particular anthem before, but to hear it from Salford fans astounded me on so many levels. I mean have you ever had the unfortunate experience of going to Salford? And Newport is a 'sh*thole?
I would like to state to everyone, as someone who grew up in Manchester, that Newport, in comparison to that bastion of northern ignorance, is a veritable Henley-on Thames darling. It is Esher and Godalming combined when it comes to sh*thole comparison.
In short, it is a horrible place to venture from. But they do of course, contaminating the rest of the league as they go – all three bus loads of 'em. So dedicated are they to spread their bile that a whole 148 ventured outside their otherwise safe hovels.
Honestly, I've seen more County supporters on a wet field in Caldicot on a rainy January afternoon than that dissembled shower of human detritus could muster, for what for them, was a relatively important match.
As for the intracranially-challenged moron who decided to self invade the pitch when Salford scored I hope he gets the punishment that the shameless deserve. I won't hold my breath.
Oh come on PapaJ. Godalmlng's not that posh, I live there

papajohn wrote:At half time, under the Bisley, a chant came over the dividing partition, and I quote, “ I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Newport's a sh*thole, I wanna go home.”

It's a song we sing as well Jon just change the town/city etc I can't see a problem with that in fact every club fans do the same