Justin Edinburgh - NCAFC Hall of Fame

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... l-of-fame/

Newport County AFC will posthumously induct former manager Justin Edinburgh into our Hall of Fame at our Sky Bet League Two match against Leyton Orient FC on Sunday, December 29th 2019.

Justin was the man who made the dream of Football League status a reality for the Exiles and for that he will forever be in the hearts of all County fans.

As a club, we feel it is appropriate to recognise his contribution to our history.

Justin had just won promotion back to the Football League with Leyton Orient before his untimely death in June this year.

The club will also be supporting the JE3 Foundation with a bucket collection prior to kick-off. The JE3 Foundation is a charity set up by Justin’s widow Kerri, son Charlie and daughter Cyndie.

The charity aims to raise awareness of heart disease, campaign for ‘Justin’s Law’ – which will make it mandatory for all gyms throughout the country to have defibrillators – and provide funding for such potentially life-saving equipment at key venues.

The induction into the Hall of Fame will take place, weather permitting, at half-time pitch side at Rodney Parade so fans can show their appreciation of Justin. We hope that Justin’s family will be in attendance in receive the honour in his memory.

An Edinburgh family spokesperson said: “As a family we are honoured that Justin will be inducted into the Newport County AFC Hall of Fame.

“The club was very close to Justin’s heart as it is ours and some of the best moments from his illustrious career were spent with County – the stand-out one being the promotion against Wrexham at Wembley in the Conference play-off final.

“We cannot thank everyone enough for the support shown to us as a family in the most tragic of times. We urge everyone to get behind the JE3 Foundation so that we can make a difference to people’s lives and continue Justin’s legacy for many years to come. A special thank you to all of the Board of Directors, staff, players and fans at Newport for their support and their warm welcome as always.”

Re: Justin Edinburgh - NCAFC Hall of Fame

Excellent news and well done to the club for this, lets hope it is well supported and we do Justin’s memory proud.

Bush how do you know that the club were not already planning this for this game before Justin’s untimely death? Why turn such an honour for a man to whom we are forever indebted into an opportunity to question the clubs motives?

Hope we can make alot of money for Justin’s charity too to keep his legacy alive.

Its been over 4 years since anybody has been inducted.
Why?
Clearly the obvious choice.
There are other great County stalwarts out there who should be on the roll.

Just one example would be Len Hill so hopefully this will not stop at JE.
Gobsmacked that 3 great manager legends still do not appear.
Billy Lucas, Len Ashurst & Colin Addison.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Its been over 4 years since anybody has been inducted. Why?
]

Probably because the supporter whose baby it was was seriously ill for roughly that length of time before dying recently.
GSB

Its okay to name our very own Encyclopedia Newport County.
Andrew had a superb knowledge of everything County.
I have no idea if he was unwell for the 4 years since the last Induction.
It will be hard job to follow him but at a guess I would think he would be chuffed for it to continue.
Clearly it will be with JE being the new member.
Andrew seems to have enrolled quite a few in 3 year cycles
You may not realise that Andrew Taylor was the last previous inductee so I doubt he enrolled himself.
Anyway I hope his baby continues as a tribute and the 4 names I mentioned get serious consideration.

Cheers

owlsabout wrote:Excellent news and well done to the club for this, lets hope it is well supported and we do Justin’s memory proud.

Bush how do you know that the club were not already planning this for this game before Justin’s untimely death? Why turn such an honour for a man to whom we are forever indebted into an opportunity to question the clubs motives?

Hope we can make alot of money for Justin’s charity too to keep his legacy alive.
Nothing against the club or Andrew Taylor mate my point being if he was put in the hall of fame a few years ago when he deserved to be there and could have celebrated that with his family it would have been an unpopular decision with a lot of fans. Not all but there were people that actually took glee with the fact he was sacked at gillingham. I just think it’s a shame all this love and respect for him was missing while he was alive.

Mate my understanding as a member of the HOF is whilst this was very much Andrew’s baby there was a small committee who organised all events and considered nominations for this honour. I dont want to go into details on here but I do know why, apart from Andrew’s induction which was organised by the committee, this initiative has had a break. Happy to share with you if you want to PM me or speak to me at next game.

It is great that this is being reactivated and that one of Andrew’s legacies to the club lives on in his honour