Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Lost against an average Salford team who won the game by two soft set pieces by poor defending.
They won the midfield battle what a surprise ! The squad is not as strong as many of us thought and with our lack of goals and now conceded 5 in two games must bounce back next few games.
FGR and Crewe scored 4 and Cheltenham eased to a 2-0 victory against Salford.
In a nut shell should be picking up 3 pts against a poor team BUT with a better midfield than us which was the difference AGAIN !

lowandhard wrote:
mike wilks wrote:TBH, first half I felt that Salford, looked the worst team to have visited Rodney Parade thus far but due to our ineptitude second half their confidence grew, and they took control of the game!
Possibly the worst performance of the season on our part in what has been poor fayre to date......I genuinely hope we can reverse the trend, or our crowds will diminish all too soon.... Reinforcements required sooner rather than later, because we look to be carrying far to many passengers, and I fear two consecutive negative results at Grimsby could have a big impact on our season!
Here's hoping.......
Agreed, very poor indeed as I remarked in my usual ott way earlier :grin: I was incredulous when I saw the team sheet and a number of people I talked to will bear me out. It took all of 10 seconds to work out that selection was a dogs breakfast. Just when attendances were beginning to improve this year , we always manage to f*ck it up!
I'll second the team sheet point. Was baffled by the selection of Maloney especially when Nurse has been pushing for a start and doing well in the midfield. Maloney has offered the square root of **** all every time I've seen him play and belongs nowhere near the side.

We need six genuine CM players for cover and competition.This season we have had only five.This includes Benno who is best served in a back three and Maloney who sadly,isn't good enough.That leaves only Labs,Sheehan and Dolan to pick from.Flynny has insisted on playing Willmott there or Podge and Whitely,none of them are CM players.The Charlton lad will go back after Christmas so that leaves two loan vacancies,maybe Swansea or Cardiff have a U23 lad who is an upgrade on Maloney.Could Jeffries come up from the academy to challenge for a place,judging on past instances,Flynny doesn't like our young players so he may not come through.

Percy plunkett wrote:We need six genuine CM players for cover and competition.This season we have had only five.This includes Benno who is best served in a back three and Maloney who sadly,isn't good enough.That leaves only Labs,Sheehan and Dolan to pick from.Flynny has insisted on playing Willmott there or Podge and Whitely,none of them are CM players.The Charlton lad will go back after Christmas so that leaves two loan vacancies,maybe Swansea or Cardiff have a U23 lad who is an upgrade on Maloney.Could Jeffries come up from the academy to challenge for a place,judging on past instances,Flynny doesn't like our young players so he may not come through.
They are out there.

Wilkinson from Bolton was class, unfortunately with the dross around him he even went backwards.

2 x Alex Gilbeys would do the trick.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Nonsense.
Serious question
Did you ever see him play for the County?
Or are you just reading Wiki?

The reason I ask is sitting in the Hazel watching his debut from midfield and making the comment to Supporter "This bloke is a bit special"
Now for some daft reason I cannot remember him ever in Jamilles position which is what you call "an out and out striker"

As you said Nonsense :lol: :lol: :lol:

excessbee wrote:A striker, surely. A couple of early goals then just seemed to lose interest.
I would say an attacking midfielder certainly not an outright forward.
Played in the same area as Josh, taller and not as quick but skilful.
Agree 100% with the loss of interest.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:A striker, surely. A couple of early goals then just seemed to lose interest.
I would say an attacking midfielder certainly not an outright forward.
Played in the same area as Josh, taller and not as quick but skilful.
Agree 100% with the loss of interest.
Now you're comparing him positionally with Sheehan??? Are you sure you've got the right person in mind?