Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Don't care what the Argus says he was not an outright striker for us he played in the centre in an
attacking midfield position behind Scott Boden who was a solo striker for most of the season.
What a crap squad we had that season plus crap management throughout..
17 loanees and only 4 decent ones.
Scott, Conor, Ollie and Ben Davies the rest dross.

My memory of Wilkinson was,he started off brilliantly,his hold up play and movement were superb but,didn't score many goals.Barnsley and Oldham fans were telling us that he had ability but showed little interest in using it.At the time I thought he'd changed his attitude but,during the last month he dropped off alarmingly showing why he had so many loan spells.Since then,he hasn't set the world on fire so seems happy to just plod through the rest of his career,turning it on now and then when he feels like it.Frank Nouble being another one,sad but that's why they play at this level where if they bothered to pull their finger out,they could have had better careers.

Percy plunkett wrote:My memory of Wilkinson was,he started off brilliantly,his hold up play and movement were superb but,didn't score many goals.Barnsley and Oldham fans were telling us that he had ability but showed little interest in using it.At the time I thought he'd changed his attitude but,during the last month he dropped off alarmingly showing why he had so many loan spells.Since then,he hasn't set the world on fire so seems happy to just plod through the rest of his career,turning it on now and then when he feels like it.Frank Nouble being another one,sad but that's why they play at this level where if they bothered to pull their finger out,they could have had better careers.
Percy behave yourself.
Any more insults and it will be handbags outside the gate.
Just because I have missed 2 pens on the trot.