Re: Tom King Welsh Squad

Just like to point out on the thread back in the summer we had over predictions for the season I predicted a welsh call up for a county player this season. Ok I might have been thinking Regan Poole was staying or tourey was going to take this league by storm but I’m still gonna claim this! Well done Tom.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Great news congratulations Tom

Got to say mind why does Giggs call up 4 keepers
Fantastic news for Tom and us as a club. This shows how well we are performing to have a national side of an excellent standard call up one of our players.

This is a good point though UPTHEPORT. Giggsy always plays Hennessy in these qualifiers, so I can’t see why we have an extra 3 keepers. Danny Ward never gets a look in, even though Hennessy makes frequent mistakes. IMO, Wayne can have an excellent save, but then let himself down with a mistake and poor distribution. I think it’s time for him to step back and let Danny Ward have a go which would move Tom King up the ladder.

Really hope Tom features as I haven’t seen a Newport County player play for Wales as of yet and I’ve been watching every home game for nearly 15 years.

First of all well done Tom

I wonder if we will postpone the Grimsby league game now?

Danny McNamara has been called up again for Ireland U21. Anyone know is KMB has been called up for Guyana?

We need 3 called up to postpone the game

Grimsby wont be too happy since their last 2 league games have been postponed

George Street-Bridge wrote:I did see a report that KMB had been sent off in his last game. Collins is also a possible if Wales have a junior game.

Maybe it's easier to train with two pairs of keepers.
I did speculate about KMB's sending off when it was reported. Does the Guyana schedule follow a similar schedule to the home nations? That is, two matches, one friendly and one competition match. If so he could be called up for their squad and available only for the second match. Do we actually know whether he has a one match or three match ban?