Getting old

I spent some time earlier with my youngest Grandson who is 7 today. He asked me did I want to play FIFA 20. I have never really played any computer games before but I had a go after watching him for several minutes.

Blimey, the graphics are amazing. All the players are there, unbelievably life like, there was full commentary, crowd noise and a time display. The movement of the players and the ball was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it. Totally amazed.

He was 4-0 up and asked me did I want a go. He showed me all the controls and what they do so I said yes. Within 30 seconds he had taken it off me as I was useless. Not a clue even after I had all the instructions. How these kids do it is beyond me. He often wins 18 - 0 apparently.

Because he likes football I had previously asked him did he want to come to RP with me sometime. He just laughs as he likes Juve, Barca, ManCity and Chelsea. No hope there.

As far as computer games go, I think this grandad will stick to sudoku or mah Jong. Final confirmation for me that I am an old git.

Re: Getting old

pembsexile wrote:I spent some time earlier with my youngest Grandson who is 7 today. He asked me did I want to play FIFA 20. I have never really played any computer games before but I had a go after watching him for several minutes.

Blimey, the graphics are amazing. All the players are there, unbelievably life like, there was full commentary, crowd noise and a time display. The movement of the players and the ball was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it. Totally amazed.

He was 4-0 up and asked me did I want a go. He showed me all the controls and what they do so I said yes. Within 30 seconds he had taken it off me as I was useless. Not a clue even after I had all the instructions. How these kids do it is beyond me. He often wins 18 - 0 apparently.

Because he likes football I had previously asked him did he want to come to RP with me sometime. He just laughs as he likes Juve, Barca, ManCity and Chelsea. No hope there.

As far as computer games go, I think this grandad will stick to sudoku or mah Jong. Final confirmation for me that I am an old git.
Do hope you took him out for a walk and asked what books he reads

Re: Getting old

Rest assured, he is a well rounded kid. He has an app on his kindle where he is able to do school tests on a few subjects and compare himself to his schoolmates. He does these tests at home. He is top of his class and 6th overall in the school. Not bad for a 7 year old. He takes great delight in showing me.