Re: Flynny new deal

Stan, presumably you can read? You asked for examples of when I thought grassing was worse than the offence. I gave some examples. Now you're twisting the conversation in another direction, leaving me to conclude that you accept there are occasions where it's possible.

Perhaps you'd be better off accepting that I am right on this occasion, as I usually am.

rncfc wrote:Stan, presumably you can read? You asked for examples of when I thought grassing was worse than the offence. I gave some examples. Now you're twisting the conversation in another direction, leaving me to conclude that you accept there are occasions where it's possible.

Perhaps you'd be better off accepting that I am right on this occasion, as I usually am.
No I'm not twisting anything. To effect a lawful arrest it is not unlawful to use reasonable force. However you can't use violence on people just because they are criminals, or in the case of the paediatrician because a mob think that they are criminal.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:Stan, presumably you can read? You asked for examples of when I thought grassing was worse than the offence. I gave some examples. Now you're twisting the conversation in another direction, leaving me to conclude that you accept there are occasions where it's possible.

Or in the case of the paediatrician because a mob think that they are criminal.
Struggling to see where I said that was OK, but if it helps you absorb your defeat then carry on.

rncfc wrote:
mad norm wrote:Isn't this thread about Flynnys New Deal?
Not anymore it isn't.
Norm is right.

Also let me help you with your struggle.

You said it was okay not to 'snitch'. You can't snitch on someone unless they are doing something wrong. Using reasonable force to apprehend a criminal is neither wrong nor unlawful. It therefore follows that to snitch the person making such an arrest must have been using unreasonable force.

I am afraid in an essay on criminal law your efforts would receive an F.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:
mad norm wrote:Isn't this thread about Flynnys New Deal?
Not anymore it isn't.
Norm is right.

Also let me help you with your struggle.

You said it was okay not to 'snitch'. You can't snitch on someone unless they are doing something wrong. Using reasonable force to apprehend a criminal is neither wrong nor unlawful. It therefore follows that to snitch the person making such an arrest must have been using unreasonable force.

I am afraid in an essay on criminal law your efforts would receive an F.
A random reference to an ignorant, illiterate mob, now a reference to the use of reasonable force.

You're going off on a tangent, off a tangent - business as usual.

The comments of less than two months ago show how quickly sentiments can change amongst supporters these days. This is a bad run but Michael Flynn hasn't turned into a bad manager all of a sudden. He was much in demand and will be again. The fear in September was MF would be off to Lincoln and I was relieved when Appleton was appointed and pleased when MF signed his new deal. I trust this bad run is just that, a bad run.
Mr Flynn loves a cup run so I'm optimistic that he'll have the team up for it on Friday.

ROKERITE wrote:The comments of less than two months ago show how quickly sentiments can change amongst supporters these days. This is a bad run but Michael Flynn hasn't turned into a bad manager all of a sudden. He was much in demand and will be again. The fear in September was MF would be off to Lincoln and I was relieved when Appleton was appointed and pleased when MF signed his new deal. I trust this bad run is just that, a bad run.
Mr Flynn loves a cup run so I'm optimistic that he'll have the team up for it on Friday.
I agree to an extent.

The problem in September was that our board of directors, like many on this board, felt that Michael Flynn was the latter day Christ. He wasn't and isn't. As a result of which, in my view Flynn was rewarded when he should not have been.

But by the same token neither is Flynn suddenly a terrible manager. This is his big test. A poor run was inevitable, and I don't say that as a criticism. I hope that rather than waste time and energy looking around for an excuse he has the gumption to examine that which he is getting wrong. For me his biggest mistake is his tendency to blame the players in public. It may be that some people respond to a private bollocking but I have never known a public one doing anything other than to damage morale.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
ROKERITE wrote:The comments of less than two months ago show how quickly sentiments can change amongst supporters these days. This is a bad run but Michael Flynn hasn't turned into a bad manager all of a sudden. He was much in demand and will be again. The fear in September was MF would be off to Lincoln and I was relieved when Appleton was appointed and pleased when MF signed his new deal. I trust this bad run is just that, a bad run.
I agree to an extent.

The problem in September was that our board of directors, like many on this board, felt that Michael Flynn was the latter day Christ. He wasn't and isn't. As a result of which, in my view Flynn was rewarded when he should not have been.

But by the same token neither is Flynn suddenly a terrible manager. This is his big test. A poor run was inevitable, and I don't say that as a criticism. I hope that rather than waste time and energy looking around for an excuse he has the gumption to examine that which he is getting wrong. For me his biggest mistake is his tendency to blame the players in public. It may be that some people respond to a private bollocking but I have never known a public one doing anything other than to damage morale.
Agree totally with that. Frankly I think it’s totally ludicrous to say we are weakened by having certain players out when in fact those players were transferred in the summer. Imagine what their replacements must be feeling like today , knowing that he thinks they’re inadequate , after all he signed them! I’d be furious. If Flynny is the one who’s inadequate though, I suspect we can’t afford to sack him. :grin:

I think it's daft to say that any of the performance issues are linked with new contracts or approaches from Lincoln etc.

Things happen in football and if anyone thinks that Mike and the coaching team don't want to turn this poor form around are simply deluded. It was noticed that the coaching team didn't go straight into the changing room at half time on Saturday, they had a little talk prior, probably trying to contain their frustration a little?

We take the highs and the lows as a football supporter.

Willthiswork wrote:I think it's daft to say that any of the performance issues are linked with new contracts or approaches from Lincoln etc.

Things happen in football and if anyone thinks that Mike and the coaching team don't want to turn this poor form around are simply deluded. It was noticed that the coaching team didn't go straight into the changing room at half time on Saturday, they had a little talk prior, probably trying to contain their frustration a little?

We take the highs and the lows as a football supporter.
Whatever they discussed clearly didn't work then and as Flynny stated was totally ignored!