Re: Maldon & Tiptree

mad norm wrote:Anyone know the odds?
Malware and Topless must be firm favourites if the bookies read this forum

In fact I expect they are anyway :oops:
Yes Madame & Toptits are on course to embarrass us like so many non-leaguers have in the past, if they’ve seen the Oldham video they will indeed be salivating - well, just as soon as they’ve stopped p!ssing themselves laughing at it being described as a L2 game featuring a promotion hopeful!

Maldon are a Tier 8 side. It is true that they are at home, it is true that they are free scoring in their division, it is true that they will be up for it.

There are only two ways Maldon can win. Firstly if they are not given the respect they deserve. If County believe that they merely need to turn up to progress then we could get a bloody nose. But I don't think that is going to happen.

However there is another way that we could lose. That being fear. I sincerely hope that the evident fear on this board doesn't exist within the team.

It is a big game for us. Win and we all know the potential rewards for doing so. There must be no excuses. Treat them with respect, put out our strongest side and make sure we don't take our foot off the gas until we are three goals clear. Nothing less is or should be acceptable.

This will be a difficult game and a banana skin but our boys will step up as it is on TV and Robbie will be back. I believe the game is worth £54k for the winner and the third round of course. Forget promotion, look at Tranmere struggling up there, lets go on another big cup run.

Our best performance this season was away to Cheltenham when we won 7-4, it was fast exciting football. The team that started this Sat only had 3 of those players on the pitch. I think first half we should have pacey players and get in front so for me Jeffries, Howkins, Maloney, Collins and Poleon should start. That gives us some speedy attackers. Matt, Amond, Innis, Willmott and Dolan would be on the bench. Thoughts.

bedeck wrote:Our best performance this season was away to Cheltenham when we won 7-4, it was fast exciting football. The team that started this Sat only had 3 of those players on the pitch. I think first half we should have pacey players and get in front so for me Jeffries, Howkins, Maloney, Collins and Poleon should start. That gives us some speedy attackers. Matt, Amond, Innis, Willmott and Dolan would be on the bench. Thoughts.
Thoughts?

Lunacy

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
bedeck wrote:Our best performance this season was away to Cheltenham when we won 7-4, it was fast exciting football. The team that started this Sat only had 3 of those players on the pitch. I think first half we should have pacey players and get in front so for me Jeffries, Howkins, Maloney, Collins and Poleon should start. That gives us some speedy attackers. Matt, Amond, Innis, Willmott and Dolan would be on the bench. Thoughts.
Thoughts?

Lunacy
Oh I don’t know. Think he/she is onto something. Maybe not all 5 as I don’t rate Maloney and haven’t seen Poleon. Don’t think Howkins playing would weaken us currently. Give Jeffries a go if we are struggling for a RB - better than a left-footer out of position. Also like the look of Collins up top, give Maldon some pace to worry about, so would go with

King
Jeffries Howkins O’Brien Haynes
Sheehan
Labadie Dolan
Amond
Collins Abrahams

And knock it about on the deck. Would hope that Sheehan, Dolan, Labadie and Amond could be create enough to balance out our lack of width. Collins and Abrahams to add pace and do things in their box.

However, suspect that Willmott, Bennett, Inniss and Matt will start.

Subs:
Townsend
Bennett
Willmott - if fit / Nurse
Matt
Poleon
Inniss
Whitely

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Thoughts?

Lunacy
:lol: Maybe a couple too many changes but tbh from what I witnessed on Saturday.........

I'd expect all their players will have had a day off work on Friday. It's probably a harder tie than Grimsby. Any team on a long winning streak, whatever level of football (within sensible bounds) will be in a positive frame of mind and confident in each other. I don't think there should be wholesale changes but we need to establish an early lead if possible. The longer the game goes on without this happening, the more of a challenge it becomes.