Re: Maldon & Tiptree

Bush wrote:County should walk it. If you cant beat a pub team on a night where most of them have probably worked during the day then there are serious issues within this club right now. Its gonna take the ref sending a county player off to make it a contest.
They are not a pub team Bush.
You love knocking any side below EFL 2.
This side is flying currently.
Of course we should win it but you are to young to remember a quality County side going to Barnet (Before they ever got in the league) and getting stuffed 6-0.
Walk it we wont.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Bush wrote:County should walk it. If you cant beat a pub team on a night where most of them have probably worked during the day then there are serious issues within this club right now. Its gonna take the ref sending a county player off to make it a contest.
Of course we should win it but you are to young to remember a quality County side going to Barnet (Before they ever got in the league) and getting stuffed 6-0.
Walk it we wont.

He’s right though. We SHOULD be caning teams 4 leagues below us, and as he said , most of the players will probably be in work during the day seeing as they’re only a semi pro team.
Now, regardless of whether we should beat them or not, the fact is ‘lesser’ sides can/do raise their game in one off games in the FA Cup against higher league opponents, we’ve done this ourselves over the past couple of years.
In a one off game anything can happen. Do I expect us to beat them? 100% (and convincingly), will we? F**k knows, that’s the beauty of the FA Cup. There’s been bigger ‘giant killings’ than M&T beating Newport County at home.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Walk it we wont.
Back in the days when we were on our way out of the league and struggling massively, whilst Barnet were doing well in the conference.

It's not a good comparator here. It would be a huge shock if we lose there, as it was when they dumped Orient out.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Walk it we wont.
Old age getting you Frank, it was 6-1. :grin:

rncfc wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Walk it we wont.
Back in the days when we were on our way out of the league and struggling massively, whilst Barnet were doing well in the conference.

It's not a good comparator here. It would be a huge shock if we lose there, as it was when they dumped Orient out.
Apologies the score was 6-1
We had some good players though.
Roddy Jones & Willy Brown legends.
Alan Wood, Graham Coldrick, Andy White, Wyn Hooper etc etc

Totally pissed off when they all turned up later that evening up the Ken enjoying themselves.
would that happen now
Probably. :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Walk it we wont.
Old age getting you Frank, it was 6-1. :grin:
Evening mate.
Was just typing a retraction when you came on.
Great times up the Kensington mind you. :grin:

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening!

Ladbrokes currently going 9/1 Maldon
9/1 Tiptree

4/1 the draw

1/3 Newport

Do you bet for value or loyalty?

And only 12/1 for 4-0.... misers!

Phil in Npton
Seriously at 9-1 worth smacking a ton on but Mrs Nouble might be rather annoyed.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

9/1 Tiptree

4/1 the draw

1/3 Newport

Phil in Npton
Seriously at 9-1 worth smacking a ton on but Mrs Nouble might be rather annoyed.

Could never bet against County or Wales. Dirty money.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

9/1 Tiptree

4/1 the draw

1/3 Newport

Phil in Npton

Fair comment but great odds for a neutral.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

9/1 Tiptree

4/1 the draw

1/3 Newport

Phil in Npton

Agreed mate - would never do it. On my coupon Malden are 13/2 and the County 1/3. The bookies are not usually wrong and I suspect that sometime before Friday those odds will change when they see the smart money going in. A knowledgable neutral may have some cash on Malden at those odds, but I won't be joining them.

pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

9/1 Tiptree

4/1 the draw

1/3 Newport

Phil in Npton

Agreed mate - would never do it. On my coupon Malden are 13/2 and the County 1/3. The bookies are not usually wrong and I suspect that sometime before Friday those odds will change when they see the smart money going in. A knowledgable neutral may have some cash on Malden at those odds, but I won't be joining them.

Oh it’s tempting, but yeah, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I imagine there will be a few quid going on them though.

Take it all back about the Barnet game.
It was a disgusting result but everything comes back to you after a bit of Wiki.
We had the worst manager in my lifetime Bobby Ferguson useless full back and a dreadful manager.
After 25 games we had accumulated 4 points no wins.
Imagine if this forum was going then :lol:
The great Billy Lucas once again returned and one of the most magical games I ever saw over Somerton was number 26.
Southend evening kick off and we were superb winning 3-0 Roddy and Willy were brilliant but Andy White stole the show.
We managed a point a game after that finishing on 28 points third from the bottom and re elected once again due to the renowned hospitality to visiting directors.
Great memories