Re: lineup for Friday

The Ironsiders wrote:hi guys, what lineup would you choose for Friday’s game? i would choose:

King

McNamara
O’Brien
Howkins
Haynes

Willmott (if fit)*
Labadie
Sheehan
Nurse

Amond
Poleon

*if not fit, would try Tristan out wide as he’s fairly nippy
McNamara is unlikely to play as his parent club Millwall didn't allow him to play in the 1st round so that he wouldn't become cup tied.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Why do people seem to think that Millwall will change their mind and allow McNamara to play Friday? Have I missed something
They've changed managers, so that could play a part. Admittedly it's more likely he won't play now than before but just a thought.

rncfc wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Why do people seem to think that Millwall will change their mind and allow McNamara to play Friday? Have I missed something
They've changed managers, so that could play a part. Admittedly it's more likely he won't play now than before but just a thought.
Yeh. good thinking. hadn't thought of that possibility.

Not sure why the love in with Abraham.He has got pace but,he's not a natural goalscorer and he reminds me of Mccoulsky.He is great as an impact player but not so impressive from the start.Frightening speed but liable to make wrong decisions,unlike Shawn who didn't,he gets silly bookings,Saturday an example.

Percy plunkett wrote:Not sure why the love in with Abraham.He has got pace but,he's not a natural goalscorer and he reminds me of Mccoulsky.He is great as an impact player but not so impressive from the start.Frightening speed but liable to make wrong decisions,unlike Shawn who didn't,he gets silly bookings,Saturday an example.
Spot on Percy.
Hopeless for 90 minutes but just the fella for the last 30/35 minutes.
Leadbitter is out longer than Mickey.
It will be Robbie for sure provided he is 50% fit.
Remember Flynny kept him on despite heaving his guts up more than once against Salford.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:It pains me to say this but OB should be dropped on Friday, he's been poor ever since Wembley. Clearances just go anywhere. That would create a natural gap for Bennett in defence, and allow more creative players in midfield, hopefully Sheehan and Wilmott are both back.
Somewhat controversial. I had him as my MOM Saturday. Don't feel that his standards have dropped as much as the rest of the team, since Wembley. He wins most of the high balls that come his way, and as an out and out stopper is a match for anyone else in the team currently. I except that his distribution is poor and his clearances can go anywhere, within or out of the ground, but that trait is being copied by the rest of the team at the moment, with Sheehan being the notable exception.

O' Brien has never been a very good footballer. What you see with him is what you get.
He gives 100% and is one of the best 'stoppers ' in the league , his distribution will never be 'up there with the best '....For his size he is good in the air and as long as he can compete ( due to his lack of pace ,) not much gets past him ....No way would I ever contemplate him being dropped for a game of this type.

Luckily for us the weather is changing and it looks like it may be dry as I wouldnt fancy playing the game in wet and windy conditions as it looked like it may have been earlier in the week

rncfc wrote:Abrahams would start every game if I was calling the shots. I don't think it particularly matters what position he plays, he's dangerous on the ball.
Totally agree. Can't explain why, but I just think he could be a bit special. Him and Podge would be my starting two up front, if we play two there.

Robster wrote:Never been my favourite. Gives away too many silly free kicks. Hopefully to be replaced soon when Demetro is back. My line up would be;
King
Willmott Innis OB Haynes
Ladabie Sheehan Bennett/Nurse
Amond Matt Abrahames
For a second I thought you were advising we play 12! :grin: We may need them. Having read it properly, I agree with that selection, with the doubts over Wilmott I suppose Jefferies should be close to a step up with McNamara unavailable.