Re: Flynny new deal

Podge has installed himself in the pantheon of goalscorers of this club's history and is a honest professional. But let's not rest on the past and be nostalgic - he needs to start scoring goals which he is contracted to do. His commitment to the club and his work with the youngsters cannot be questioned and is commendable but going forward in the season he has to start scoring goals - along with Matt. I really hope Flynny can address this and the supply to him is one of the issues that needs addressing. He is now the other side of 30 and I really hope this is a blip rather than the start of a decline for the duration of his contract.

njbh86 wrote:Amond definitely needs to start scoring to put an end to his recent drought of... *checks notes*... 1 game

This board is wild sometimes.

Yep. Add to that the fact he’s scored 4 more goals than his nearest fellow County striker. I’d say the other forwards need to up their game, not him

lowandhard wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:not me.....I work in the Pharmacy industry and can get hold of CATHETA'S :wink:
:grin: Perhaps you should know how to spell them then mate! :grin: only jossing you ( I’m a retired hospital pharmacist )

We have P.I. versions in work that are spelt Catheta............Generic version are spelt Catheter :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:

but I don't think the recent blip justifies the pant-pissing we see on here from a select few.

Fair enough.

Now could you name those who you say are the 'select few'? And can you flag up some examples of 'pant-pissing'?

I'm still waiting mate.
You'll be waiting a while, I have better things to do with my time.

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:

but I don't think the recent blip justifies the pant-pissing we see on here from a select few.

Fair enough.

Now could you name those who you say are the 'select few'? And can you flag up some examples of 'pant-pissing'?

I'm still waiting mate.
You'll be waiting a while, I have better things to do with my time.
Why make it up in the first place then?

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
landinho wrote:To the cynics talking rubbish here not long ago, saying Flynn felt he was bigger than the club...

You've got egg on your faces.

Great news and onto a great rainy affair on Saturday
Wrong.

I don't know whether Flynn thinks he is bigger than the club or not. I believe that he is being treated as such by the club and in my view that is unacceptable. Try reading my posts, I have made no criticism of Flynn.

Second point Flynn has a three and a half year contract. In the uncertain world of football management that is one hell of a contract.

Michael Flynn is paid well above the going rate for a League 2 manager and with a deal now stretching for the best part of four seasons, it would appear that Flynn has done very well for himself.

It is properly a decision for the board of directors to make. If it were my decision I would not have made it. It is mere conjecture who is right, the board or me. Time will tell.
If previous subjects are anything to go by, I suspect it will be the board.

I always thought it would be me.

Opinions I suppose.