Re: lineup for Friday

OB is a very good league 2 player a no nonsense centre half good in the air and brave in the tackle yes his distribution is not the best but he has other strengths, and we would be journeying around non league grounds if it wasn't for his goal against Notts County. Instead of that we have had another 2 trips to Wembley and played Leeds United ( twice ) Spurs Leicester Middlesbrough Man City and West Ham. He is a County legend and part of the best times we have had since the days of Addison and Ashurst long may it continue.

Goddard & woods wrote:OB is a very good league 2 player a no nonsense centre half good in the air and brave in the tackle yes his distribution is not the best but he has other strengths, and we would be journeying around non league grounds if it wasn't for his goal against Notts County. Instead of that we have had another 2 trips to Wembley and played Leeds United ( twice ) Spurs Leicester Middlesbrough Man City and West Ham. He is a County legend and part of the best times we have had since the days of Addison and Ashurst long may it continue.
Well said both

OB has been very good, just what we needed for the past couple of seasons but is going through a patch of ropey form and has done since getting sent off in the play-offs.

I feel he needs / deserves a rest, his commitment remains high but his effectiveness at both ends of the pitch is dwindling. He's good for an OG every few games and I think this is down to his lack of finesse. Bennett at the back with OB on the bench ready to come in if we're a goal down, is what I'd do.

lowandhard wrote:
Robster wrote:Never been my favourite. Gives away too many silly free kicks. Hopefully to be replaced soon when Demetro is back. My line up would be;
King
Willmott Innis OB Haynes
Ladabie Sheehan Bennett/Nurse
Amond Matt Abrahames
For a second I thought you were advising we play 12! :grin: We may need them. Having read it properly, I agree with that selection, with the doubts over Wilmott I suppose Jefferies should be close to a step up with McNamara unavailable.
If Flynn was going to play Jefferies it would have made sense to have given him minutes v Oldham instead of playing the (only) left-footed Nurse there.

IMHO Jefferies, like any of the Academy boys, stands no chance of starting and possibly no chance of coming off the bench (if he makes it there in the first instance). One day people are going to realise that Flynn won't play youngsters in any meaningful game. The Academy appears to him to be purely a revenue stream which allows him to bring in youngsters from other clubs...

wattsville_boy wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Robster wrote:Never been my favourite. Gives away too many silly free kicks. Hopefully to be replaced soon when Demetro is back. My line up would be;
King
Willmott Innis OB Haynes
Amond Matt Abrahames
For a second I thought you were advising we play 12! :grin: We may need them. Having read it properly, I agree with that selection, with the doubts over Wilmott I suppose Jefferies should be close to a step up with McNamara unavailable.
If Flynn was going to play Jefferies it would have made sense to have given him minutes v Oldham instead of playing the (only) left-footed Nurse there.

IMHO Jefferies, like any of the Academy boys, stands no chance of starting and possibly no chance of coming off the bench (if he makes it there in the first instance). One day people are going to realise that Flynn won't play youngsters in any meaningful game. The Academy appears to him to be purely a revenue stream which allows him to bring in youngsters from other clubs...
Jefferies to start, with Collins & 2 more academy players on the bench?

wattsville_boy wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
King
Willmott Innis OB Haynes
Amond Matt Abrahames

It seems not. However, I believe he’s playing him out of position ( he looks like a midfielder ) , perhaps not out of choice.