Re: Grandstand FA Cup Round 2

Few points.
Jefferies is a right sided midfielder more than a full back.
Labs, Scott and Robbie injured
McNamarra cup tied.
Our 2 centre backs both injured.
They beat Orient away scoring twice.
We beat them with a clean sheet.
In the draw.
Very happy this morning.
Improvement on the last 3 games imo.
Sure Jefferies reads the forum or here's about comments on here.
Give the young fella a break
17 and playing out of position.
Did okay better than Nurse did Saturday

rncfc wrote:I will admit that my comment was more to get a bite than anything else. I thought he did OK to be fair, as you say playing out of position and against some decent opposition.
His passing needed to be better but I don’t remember anyone skinning him and I’d rather see a youngster start poor and improve over a game than start well and drop off.

excessbee wrote:just before half time Martin Keown stated it was difficult to tell who was the league two team
In actual fact, once our barnstorming opening had petered out, I couldn't find much if anything to disagree with there.

Mind you, I wanted to scream every time the commentary team described the cup as "a great leveller".

Bush wrote:
rncfc wrote:I will admit that my comment was more to get a bite than anything else. I thought he did OK to be fair, as you say playing out of position and against some decent opposition.
His passing needed to be better but I don’t remember anyone skinning him and I’d rather see a youngster start poor and improve over a game than start well and drop off.
Just watched it all again , apart from one bad pass near the start the lad played well.
Second time around Josh and Townsend look even better.
King has no chance getting back in after that performance

Thought Jefferies grew into the game, their left side was experienced. We should remember his age and experience, in opinion will only get better with more exposure. Remember back to Andrew Hughes the stick he got, had 30 odd games in the championship last seaon. Another who took a lot of verbal abuse was Steve Lowndes, I remember the comments made they were not pleasent for a younster to hear. So perhaps we should support our youth more and help them increase their benefit to the side. Need a reserve side as the jump from youth football to the first team is a big step.
There were quite a few experience pros who performed worse than Jefferies who deserve to be singled out.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
I'm finding watching County recently very frustrating.
This is my 53rd season of watching Newport County.

Dear Jesus, Mary and Joseph do I have some bad news for you.
It'll be somewhere between 45-50 years for me. The point I was making is I can handle supporting a rubbish team playing rubbish football but County this season look like a decent side playing rubbish football. That is incredibly frustrating.

excessbee wrote:Still haven't worked out how their player who was sent off against Orient (Parrish) wasn't suspended for last night's match.
Apparently, according to a tweet I saw last night from the argus, it's a ridiculous rule where yellow cards accrued in the FA Cup only count in the FA cup but a red card counts In the next first team game.

Exile 1976 wrote:The fact he’s a right midfielder and not a right back makes it worse for me as his passing was awful, the worst part of his performance.
I don’t buy into the ‘he’s only 17’ nonsense, yes that’s young but he’s either good enough to be playing on our first team or he isn’t , simple as that.
Exile that's not correct though.
If everybody was fit he may not of been even on the bench.
We had literally nobody else to play there yesterday so thank goodness he did and didn't let the side down.
Watch it again, granted a few hiccups but 2 lovely lay off which Abrahams wasted.
Good on ya Dom.